Chap 5: Anger

FOUR DAYS LATER

Leo's P.O.V:

I had finished getting everything together for tonight's patrol. My katanas, my grappling hook, the smoke eggs, pretty much the everyday necessity. April  wasn't coming with us since she needed to sleep after an exhausting day of school. But I wasn't quite ready to leave just yet. I still needed to talk to Master Splinter. 

I walked into the dojo to see Splinter meditating. Sheesh, I know I meditated a lot, but he was something else. I sat down in front of him, facing him, and got into a lotus position. "Master Splinter?" I asked him.

He opened one eye, closed it, and nodded, signaling he was listening. "Do you think Mikey's acting... strange?" I asked.

"Hmmm, I think Michelangelo is not acting strange, but is simply changing," responded Splinter.

"What? That doesn't make any sense. Why would he be changing?" I questioned.

"That, I cannot answer. But I have sensed that he has doubled in some way. His spirit seems to be twice as big. He has many things on his mind, like secrets," explained Splinter.

"Wait, Mikey is hiding something from us?" I said.

Mikey never hid stuff from us. He was always open. When he had a nightmare, he never hesitated to tell us to get it off his mind, no matter how goofy or embarrassing it was. When he needed help in a fight, he never hesitated to ask for help, even if it meant embarrassing himself. When one of us were feeling some type of way, he'd never hesitate to comfort us, even if it meant taking our feelings out on him. Wow, Mikey was pretty awesome.

"I suppose so. Now, shouldn't you be getting ready to leave?" asked Splinter.

"Yes sensei," I said, "But there's still something I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Remember when Mikey managed to get me and Raph to stop fighting after using that little quote? I'm just unsure of when you told him that."

"Hm, what do you mean Leonardo?" queried Splinter.

"I mean, he remembered one of your proverbs or whatever they're called. Heck, I don't even remember you telling us that one. And when Mikey said it, it hit me pretty hard, so I'm surprised I don't remember," I said.

"Well, my son, to be honest, I don't either," said Splinter.

Now THAT got my attention. "Huh, you mean you don't remember either?"

"I mean, I don't think I've ever used it. Actually, now that I think about it, I never thought about it that way. You and Raphael vs the problem. That thought has never occurred to me," replied Splinter.

"So, you mean Mikey thought in a way that was above your level for a quick second?" I asked.

"It would appear so," answered Splinter.

I was pretty shocked. The only words I could manage was, "I- I'ma get the guys. It's time for us to leave."

Splinter nodded and returned to meditating. I walked out the dojo and yelled, "Everyone, let's head out!"

Raph's P.O.V:

"Everyone, let's head out!" I heard Leo yell. Well, time to go. I got my sais and exited out my room. I looked over at Mikey's door. It was opened. I peeked inside. It was empty. "Huh, Mikey never got out on time for patrol," I said to myself.

This was a little surprising to me, though. These past few days he's been stepping up his game. He managed to beat me in a sparring match and saved me a few times from Kraang in our patrols. "Well, if he's not here, then I might as well get to Leo."