Chap 22: Epilouge

Karai's P.O.V:

I was scrolling through my phone. The time said 12:47. I was tapping my foot anxiously. Meeting Casey's dad for the first time was really getting to me. It's not that I was nervous about meeting him or anything, I'm just worried that I'll make a bad first impression.

When Raph gave the call, it was decided that April would go. I thought she should stay since she already knew Casey's dad, and I was a much better Kunoichi, but she said if they needed help with Mikey, that she could be the gal to do the job. Whatever, what's done is done.

I saw a man who seemed to be in his late 40s enter the ER. He had a beanie hat on and a grey jacket.  He rushed over to the front desk and demanded to see his son. 'Could that be Casey's dad?' I thought.

"Sir, please, calm down," said the secretary.

I decided to step in. "Um, excuse me, sir, are you Arnold Jones?"

He looked at me with sour face. "Who's asking?"

I put my hand out so that he could shake it. "Hi, my name is Karai Saki."

He took my hand with his right hand and shook it. "I'm here with Casey. I brought him in."

"And who said you could do that?" questioned Arnold in an aggressive tone.

I was taken aback with his tone. "Um, well, April called me and..."

His faced looked relieved when I said April's name. "Oh, say no more. If April was with you, then it's fine. Where's my son?"

I ushered him to his seat next to me. "Casey is in good hands right now. In the meantime, nice to meet your Arnold."

I put my hand on his shoulder. He seemed hesitant, but said, "Likewise."

----------------

It was 2:09 when Arnold and I were looking at Casey laying on the hospital bed. He was wearing a hospital gown. His body laid almost lifeless. According to Brie, Casey is in a coma, but she doesn't know for how long. Could be weeks, could be months. She's just surprised he's alive to begin with.

Arnold looked like he was gonna go into a rampage. And after the talk we had, I wouldn't be surprised. He believes the story that the Purple Dragons did this to Casey, and I can tell when a man wants vengance.

I got a text on my phone from Donnie. I looked at the text. My eyes went wide. The text said:

"Mikey's dead."

That's it. No other form of context. I was gonna text him back, but I couldn't let Arnold get out of control. So I turned my phone off.

---------------

2 weeks later

No one's P.O.V:

It had been two weeks since Mikey jumped off that bridge. Everyone has changed. The lair is pretty much a ghosttown. It isn't as alive as it used to be. The family has broken apart.

Leo isn't his usual self. He doesn't give anyone inspiration. He isn't the leader he used to be. He blames himself a little. He feels if he was just a little more patient with Mikey, maybe Mikey would have gone him for help with his problem. But he also blames Raph. He thinks all this started with Raph slapping him that day of the Kraang mission. But, he knows there's nothing he can do now. 

When Donnie called him that night, he cried so much to the point he couldn't see. He had to stop the Shellraiser. Leo will probably never be the same after this.

Raph, on the other hand, has become more motivated to take down the bad guys. While Leo thought Mikey genuinely had a problem, Raph refused to believe that. He thinks Tigerclaw is responsible, and he's gonna do anything to avenge Mikey.