Chap 13: Karai

Mikey's P.O.V:

"Nice to see you again. Michelangelo."

I gulped. "Hey Karai."

The person who stood before me was none other than Karai. But she wasn't wearing her usual armor. This time, she was dressed pretty casual. Blue shirt, a black jacket, jeans. But, she also had a camera with her. "So, uh, what's up? How's life been?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, it's been fantastic. As you know, I got the job of a reporter about a year ago. It pays well," said Karai while holding up her camera. She was also smiling, in an evil but friendly kinda way.

"So I've been told. Anything interesting happen since we've last met?"

"Oh you know, the usual. Taking down the typical crime boss by exposing them. Going on adventures to uncover truths. Finding out that my friend was almost killed by another friend." Karai was not smiling at that last comment.

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes, I know, I was really shocked when I heard that. I mean, why would someone ever want to hurt their friends? I mean, without reason that is," said Karai with sarcasm.

"Oh please Karai. You might be scary and all, but I'm not gonna tell you anything," I stated.

"Oh, well that's okay. That's not really why the guys brought me here. I plan on searching your soul. It's kind of like soul retrieval, but instead of searching MY soul, I'll be searching yours."

Sirds gasped behind me. 'What? What's wrong?" thought.

'She's about to search your soul Mikey!'

'Okay, and? What exactly will that do?'

'Mikey! I'm connected to you via your soul. If she succeeds in looking into your soul, not only will she know why you're acting this, but she'll know I'm here!'

'Wait, so what do I do?'

'Get out of here! Escape!' Sirds was really panicking.

'What's the worst that will happen?'

'She'll kill me! If she already knows how to search other souls, something tells me she'll be able to destroy foreign entities like me. I don't even think you're father is able to do that yet.'

I decided to respond to Karai. "Are you even able to do that?" I asked.

"Yes I am. With practice Master Splinter, Oroku Saki, and self teaching," responded Karai.

"Oroku Saki? You're using practices taught to you by the Shredder?" I asked.

"Well Father and I taught myself how to search other souls for distress. Shredder was the one who taught me how to destroy those distresses. So not everything Shredder taught me was bad. I offered to teach Father the technique, but he said he'd rather teach himself. Something about how that will make things easier for him," said Karai.

"That was nice of you to offer," I said.

"Thanks."

"Enough! This is no time to chit chat. Last chance Mikey, will you speak, or will Karai have to do this the hard way?" asked Leo.

I bit my tongue. There's no way I was gonna tell them anything. Besides, something told me that I was gonna be fine. "Fine. Have it your way," said Leo, "Karai, do what you gotta do."

"Okay, so I'll need everyone out. It has to be only me and Mikey. You guys must be away in a 30 foot radius from us. I'll take care of the rest," said Karai.