Chapter Three | Worried

[ gif ;; thenichibro ]

I fetch Jungkook using his dad's other car since he let me use it as soon as my school ended. I spotted Jungkook at the gate by himself and he immediately runs to the car when he saw me and got inside.

"Sup." I greeted him and he chuckled buckling his seatbelt.

Jungkook giggled at my statement said and we both laughed as I started the engine.

"You wanna grab something to seat?" I asked him and he eventually turns his head to me.

"Yeah. It's your payday huh? Ain't you gonna treat me?" he teases me.

I jokingly roll my eyes up and turn the wheel on the left side.

"This kid," I mutter, as soon as he puts on his earphones.

We arrived at a fast-food chain in no time. The smell of burgers, chicken wings made me feel even more hungry. We ordered our food and after that, we sat beside the window.

"How's your school?" I asked him before taking a sip of my tumbler.

"Ehh...it's fine," he utters. Sounding a little bored.

While watching the people outside of the glass window, Jungkook suddenly spoke which made me turn my head to him. "Who's Yoongi...?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Huh?"

My eyes grew wide when he suddenly pulls a phone on his lap and then showed the screen right up to my face.

"Who's Yoongi...?" he grins, then sways it side by side to mock me.

"Yah! Why do you-" I snatched my phone from him and take a good look at my phone up close.

I expect a touching message from my own boyfriend and instead, saw a message from his former roommate. The image gave shivers down my spine that made me sit there in silence.

Jungkook notices my reaction. "Are you alright?"

My eyes became watery and I had to look away from him. I lost my appetite. "Let's go home," I uttered in a shaky voice, Jungkook cluelessly looks at me.

Luckily, the crew arrives and handed our order in a paper bag. I immediately grab our order while we stand by our table.

Eunmi and Jungkook both leave the place, not noticing how she looks distressed while walking towards the car. As he gave her a puzzled expression.

I hurriedly get inside the car, keys dangling while trying to unlock the door with my hands shaking in anxiety.

Then all of a sudden, Jungkook's hand stops mine. Realizing how strange I act.

Jungkook's eyes met her terrified ones.

His honeylike eyes somewhat gave me comfort, as if it was asking me what was wrong.

"Eunmi. Are you alright?" he asks, snapping me back to reality. His deep but empathetic tone of voice made me sob in the parking lot.

And that night, we stayed there until I got the courage to drive back home. I couldn't believe I found peace in him in just a short span of time.

End of Chapter 3 | Edited.