Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

March 15, 2008

Mia's POV

"Okay girls, great job today! We'll keep working on dribbling drills tomorrow!" I smiled. This soccer team has been the best group of girls I've ever worked with. They all love soccer, just like I do. And a few of them even play on our city's soccer team like I do.

"Hey Mia! A bunch of girls and a few of the guys are going out for pizza, you wanna come?" my best friend, and co-captain, Hannah smiled as she and Brianna came bounding up to me.

"Oh, yea, that sounds-" I stopped myself when I realized what I was saying. "Actually, I just remembered I can't. Seth's coming over later and I haven't seen him for a few days."

"Okay, have fun." Brianna smiled. "And tell Christian I said hi." it's obvious Brianna has a huge crush on my older brother, even if he is four years older than us.

"Will do." I smiled. "And have fun." I quickly left and ran back to my car, not letting either of them say another word. When I pulled up into our driveway, I was shocked to see Seth's car out front on the street.

I unlocked the front door and dumped my duffle bag and my backpack on the bench by the front door and went into the living room. I was shocked yet again to see Seth and Christian laughing away and talking.

"Seth?" I asked as I moved to sit next to him. "What are you doing here? I thought we were gonna meet at your house and then go to the movies from there..."

"Well I knew your practice ended a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd actually surprise you." he smiled and kissed my cheek. That made me smile; Seth is the most caring boyfriend ever, way better than my ex-boyfriend, Robby.

"Alright, Mia, go change. We're going out for dinner." Christian said, which made me break away from mine and Seth's staring match, to glare at my brother.

"Chris, I'm not hungry...there's no point in taking me out." I sighed, if only he knew the truth...

"No. I'm your legal gaurdian, and I say you need to eat. Come on, you thought I'd be stupid enough not to realize that my little sister, doesn't eat breakfast, or make herself a lunch? And then only eats two or three bites of dinner? You need to eat something, Mia." Chris sighed, but raised his voice with that last sentence.

"NO!" Chris, I'm. Not. Hungry. I don't want to eat and I can't." I shouted and ran up to my room, locking the door on the way in.

"Why can't he understand? I don't want to eat and I can't..." I mumbled to myself, then buried my face in my big fluffy pillow.

"Mia, open the door." Seth's voice came from outside my room in the hallway. I groaned and got off my bed, I went and unlocked the door then cuddled back into the same position I was in before Seth knocked.

"What? Did Chris send you up here and tell me I need to eat? Because I don't want to. I don't need to." I sighed, now it was Seth's turn to roll his eyes.

"No. I'm worried about you, Mia. You haven't been acting like your normal self. You're not my normal, bubbly girlfriend. And I just want her back." he said softly, looking at my little figurine I had on my nightstand.

I shook my head and sat on the bed, so my legs were dangling off the side. Seth came over and crouched in front of me, resting his hands on my bent knees.

"Seth, if I told you, you'd think bad of me and you would break up with me. I can't do that; I can't lose you. You and Christian are all I have left. I love you too much." I whispered. Seth just looked super confused.