Chapter 11

Chapter 12.

June 27, 2013

Mia's POV

Seth and I found out we got the apartment a few weeks ago, so we've both been extra busy packing up our rooms. Chris was a little upset that I was leaving home, but Steph explained to him that I'm eighteen and I can do what I want.

"Hey Mia, can I talk to you?" Steph knocked on my door, I put down the clothes I was folding and looked back at her.

"Sure..what's up?" I smiled and sat on my bed. She took a deep breath before she walked in and sat next to me.

"I'm pregnant." She mumbled. "I'm pregnant and I don't know how to tell Chris. I don't know if he was wanting another child yet..."

"That's great!" I smiled and hugged her. "And Chris will be fine; he loves you more than anything and he'll love this baby just as much."

"You think?" She chuckled and put her hands on her flat stomach. I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded.

"Of course." I mumbled and closed my eyes. Even if we lost the baby a month ago, it's still fresh in my mind and feels like it's only been a few days.

"Oh, honey, I didn't mean to make you cry." Steph sighed and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "I should've been more careful with what I was saying..."

"No, Steph, it's alright." I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "I need to learn that what happened is in the past and I need to move on."

"Mia," she sighed. "Losing a baby isn't just something you can magically forget. It takes time."

"I can't believe I was actually pregnant." I sighed and shook my head. "Seth and I would've been parents in eight months."

"Oh! Crap, sorry Mia, but I need to go. I forgot about my sister's dress fitting for her wedding. I'm a bridesmaid, so I need to go! Sorry!" She sighed and I waved her off, before she ran out of the room.

"Mia." I jumped twenty feet in the air and put a hand over my chest when I looked up, to find Seth standing in the doorway to my room.

"Crap," he muttered under his breath. "I didn't mean to scare you..."

"It's okay, I'm just on edge still.." I sighed and smiled to myself as he came over and crouched in front of me.

"I should've realized.." He chuckled and shook his head. "So, Mia. A few months back, when Nehemiah was born, your brother told me something and I was surprised. I never would've thought he'd say something like that. But he did. And I didn't do what he said, because I was scared you'd say no. But now, I know you won't. I know our love is too strong to break."

"Seth, what are you saying?" I asked and widened my eyes as I saw him move so he was on one knee.

"Mia, you make me so much happier. The days I'm not with you, are my worst. You are the most perfect thing to me and I really just want to spend the rest of my life with you." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a dark blue velvet box. "So, Mia Victoria Jennings, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

"Oh my god.." I gasped, which came out muffled since my hand was covering my mouth. "Seth...of course I will."

"I love you so freaking much, Mia." He growled before he smashed his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss when I felt him remove my promise ring he gave me, and put my engagement ring in its place.

"You honestly don't know how happy you've made me today, Mia." Seth grinned and moved to sit next to me on the bed.

"I can't believe I'm engaged.." I gasped as I stared at the gorgeous diamond ring. It shone brightly when it caught in the light, that was streaming from my window.