Epilogue

Epilogue.

July 7, 2023

Mia's POV

"Happy birfday to yous! Happy birfday to yous! Happy birfday dear Soph Soph! Happy birfday to you!" The chorus of 'Happy Birthday' rang through the house as I sat on the couch with my baby girl. My gorgeous daughter, Sophia Emily is turning three today..I can't believe it.

"Jace, would you and Caleb and Parker like to help Soph blow-" that's as far as I got before they were blowing on the candles. That made Seth and I chuckle.

"Okay, so now we can wait for Levi and Jess to get here, then we can open your presents, okay?" I asked all four of them. Sophia nodded and put her small head of dark curls on my shoulder.

~*~

"Happy birthday, Sophie." I looked from where I heard Colton's soft voice. I smiled and nudged Jess when I saw Cole giving Soph a small Hershey's kiss and a flower he'd probably gotten from our front garden on the way in.

"Fank you." She mumbled and put it down next to her, then she stood up, wobbling slight and wrapped her arms around Colton in a hug.

"You're welcome." He smiled. "It's your birthday so you get presents," he leaned in close to her and whispered. "I took the candy from the goody jar, daddy said I could but mommy doesn't know. I hope your mommy doesn't get mad that I took a flower from her garden."

"They're so cute," Jess laughed and took a sip of her wine. "I bet you...fifty bucks they'll be together one day."

"Pshhh...nah." I shrugged and glanced back at them. Sophia, Colton, Caden and Ashtyn, Jess and Levi's daughter, were all playing tag outside. Jace, Caleb and Chase were standing with their daddy's as Seth and Levi played pool.

"Mommy mommy!" Jess smiled as Chase ran up to her, Jace was right behind him.

"What is it, Chase?" She asked and pulled him onto her lap. Chase smiled and opened his mouth.

"Wow, you lost a tooth. We'll put it under your pillow tonight for the tooth fairy." Jess smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Mommy, when me gonna lose a toof?" Jace asked and opened his mouth wide.

"I don't know, buddy..it'll be a few years; your teeth aren't big enough to fall out." I shrugged and glanced at Jess, who nodded.

"Awww...me wanna see the toof fairy." He mumbled. Chase smiled widely as he turned to look at Jace.

"Don't worry, Jace, you'll get a wiggly tooth soon and then it will fall out and you can get money from the tooth fairy too. Then you get a new tooth." He smiled and pointed to the gap where his tooth used to be.

"Cool." Jace smiled and then went back to watch Seth and Levi.

"Do you want me to get a plastic baggy for you to put the tooth in?" I asked and stood up. I love the house Seth and I bought last year; when we found out we were expecting Soph, we knew we'd need more room. Since we already had three sons, and this was a four bedroom house, we knew we'd need to get a bigger house if our family was getting bigger. There are a few spare rooms, for either another baby that comes or for Jess and Levi's kids if they spend the night.

"Sure." Jess smiled and followed me into the kitchen, with Chase close in toe.

"Ow!" Both mine and Jess' eyes widened when we heard one of our daughters screaming outside. We ran outside, and Soph was on the ground crying, Colton was next to her, trying to help and Caden was holding Sophia's chocolate Cole had given to her.