sixteen - shattered glass

song - No Right To Love You by Rhys Lewis 

~"Cause I have no right to love you
When I chose to walk away
  I have no right to miss you
 When I didn't wanna stay
   And I have no right to need you
   And I knew what my heart was gonna lose
  I have no right to love you
    But I do, I still do"~

It was dark when he woke up, the moonlight leaving strange shadows over Millie's sleeping form. Finn allowed his eyes to run over her smooth skin once more, her eyelashes fluttering like butterfly wings against her sharp cheekbones, her skin sporting a slight healthy flushed color. He gulped, wishing that he could tell her everything that he had to say, not to make her happy, but so that it stopped weighing down on his own soul. He had let her down and knew that he needed to savor his last few moments with her for as long as he could. 

She felt so right in his arms, like universe had designed their bodies specifically to melt against each other, their legs intertwined until he didn't know where his ended and hers began. He could have allowed himself to be taken in further, he would have left soft kisses along her hairline as she woke up, pulling away just in time so that she wouldn't see. He would have whispered what she meant to him, letting her comfort him one last time before he allowed the darkness to swallow him completely whole. 

The almost eerie silence was interrupted by the sickening noise of shattering glass.

Millie stirred instantly, frowning lightly as Finn shushed her nervously, pulling her closer to him as he glanced at the door. She tried to hold on, fists attached to his t-shirt tightly as he tried to move off the bed. He tried to pry her hands off but she shook her head, eyes wide as he tried to go and see what was wrong. 

"Stay here" he told her firmly, "I mean it."

She tried to hold on. "No...no! Finn-"

He ignored her, grabbing her cheeks softly. "I can't let you get hurt. I'm sure everything is fine, just..let me go and check."

She shook her head, her lips curled downwards into a panicked frown. She wouldn't let go for anything so Finn did the only thing that crossed his mind to distract her. She made a surprised noise against his lips as he felt her eyes flutter shut, once her grip had loosened after a few moments, he pulled away quickly. Her lips were parted and although the kiss was quick, she could hardly focus on what was happening. 

Finn left with another longing glance in her direction. 

As soon as he left the room, his eyes narrowed angrily as he stalked down the hallway. Taking advantage of her distracted state, he had grabbed his pistol from where it was hidden in his tuxedo pocket, holding it behind his back worriedly. All of the hallways seemed empty and as he glanced out of the window for any signs of visitors, he realized that all of the cars were gone. Robert and Kelly had left for the night, his mind recalling Millie mentioning that they had to fly out for the night for a last minute business detail. They should have been alone in the house apart from the bodyguards that were around, but he could hardly see them around either as if they had gone off duty for the night. 

He gulped slowly, walking down the steps after quickly checking behind him. Finn had no idea what was going on and he hated feeling so out of control, his jaw clenched as he made it to the bottom of the stairs. As he made it to the back door to check that it was locked, he let out a curse as sharp pain suddenly hit the bottom of his foot. He looked down on the floor and his heart dropped at the sight of shards of glass scattered all over the floor, gulping when he noticed the smashed window in front of him by the side of the kitchen. 

"Surprised?" a familiar voice uttered from behind him.

Finn span around, his eyes narrowing at the sight of his familiar team in front of him. The men were dressed in back, smirks evident on their faces as if they had worked him out. The Boss stood in front of Finn, edging closer slightly as if taunting him, gaze focused and cold as he noticed Finn's nerves.