[25]

Serena's outfit;

Serena's outfit;

THIRD PERSON:

"Today was a good day. Summer is officially over and I couldn't be more thrilled."

Elena looks around mystic falls cemetery before slowly and silently into the towns crypt.

She walks around the small room before pulling out a long lighter and lighting up all the candles that were around here.

"Sophomore year, I guess this is the year to pick a major and start carving out your path in life. So that's what I did, you're looking at the future doctor Elena Gilbert."

Elena stood around a bunch of other students as she wore a maroon polo and a pair of khakis as she was standing in the middle of the hospital for her internship.

"Pop quiz... Mr. Weatherly complains of chest pains and shortness of breathe." A women with black hair and these striking blue eyes said, as she wore a doctors white coat, "can anyone tell me what tests we run?"

A boy next to Elena lifts his hand in the air but the women just ignored him as she continues to look around until his gaze falls upon Elena.

"Gilbert." She called out

Elena's face dropped as she realized she was the one being called on, but she quickly took In a deep breathe before regaining her composure

"Uh, a pulmonary angiogram provides a clear picture of the blood flow in the arteries of the lungs, which is what we look for in a pulmonary embolism." Elena answered the women, "a condition in which Mr. weatherlys symptoms are common."

"Good, somebody's read ahead." The women praised her, "remember that. You'll need that in three years."

Elena smiles to herself but her face drops instantly into a frown when she the women hands her a bed pan.

"Here's the bedpan you need to know about today." The women told her. "Moving on."

The women walks off with many of the students following, and the guy standing besides Elena turns towards her with a small smile on his lips.