[28]

Cassie's outfit

Cassie's outfit

Cassie's Pov

The next morning I walk down the stairs and head back into the living room only to see Kai was still taped up to the chair right in front of the fire place and I tilt my head to the side as I walked closer to him.

"Oh, it does look like someone is having a very bad day." I teased, trailing my fingers up his chest as a smirk made its way up to my face and he stared up at me.

In seconds his hands loosely gripped onto my wrist do to the tape wrapped around his own wrists, making sure he couldn't grab me any harder than that.

"You aren't as innocent as you look." He chuckled lowly and I narrowed my brown eyes at him almost instantly, "what are you anyways? Vampire? Witch? Both, hybrid of some kind I'm guessing."

"I'm none of your business," I snapped, ripping my hands out of his grip and he stared back up at me, smiling at me as I had just glared at him. "You do not know me, Kai. You don't know anything about me."

"Don't I?" He asked tilting his head to the side and I narrowed my eyes at him, "we've only spent months talking, you told me your hopes, dreams, fears, what you love, what you hate, and even what you're most forward to doing once you're out of here."

I shook my head at him, "it wasn't real."

"Actually, you described it as the most real thing you've ever felt in your life." He taunted and I took in a deep breath as I leaned down, balling my hands into fists "I think I'm the one who knows you best, I bet I even know you better than yourself."

I couldn't say anything, all I could do was stare back at him. There was apart of me that was so angry for even trusting him in the first place, thinking it was just a dream but it wasn't it was all real and that's what made this so much worse, that I had really trusted him for real.