「 8 」

K̨͓̬̑̎́n͈̻̹̣͔̄̍̂͒͜͞͠ô̧̫̬̻̋̿̇ç̡̻͔͍̗̺̀̃́̂͆͂͂̒͢͠ͅḳ͔̦̠̹̒͊̋̓̑ ͈̺̲̒̈̐ķ̧̫̼̥̳̪̪̈́͆̑̃̿̿̊̓n̨̙̪̞̾̿͌͝ọ̲̅̈̃̃͟͜c͕̠̗̰͆̌̕͘͟͡k̨͔͉̦͐͛̋́͘ͅ

December 06, 2094

I am woken up by my alarm. It was 11 in the morning. I was sitting up looking outside my window. I was thinking about earlier this morning when I was getting off work.

Was I just hearing things? Am I okay?

I then just shake my head and go wash up.

I finish washing up, I head to my living room to sit on the couch. I was watching the weather on the tv. It was going to rain tonight.

I then had the urge to go to my bookcase to find my yearbook. I find it and I was hesitant to grab it. I didn't want to look. But for some reason I ended up grabbing it out of the shelf. I went back to the couch and placed the book onto the coffee table. I finally opened the year book to see his face.

In memory of Taehyung Kim.

I look at his photo, at his eyes. Though it was just a photo, it felt as if it was just staring into me. I felt frozen, as if I couldn't move or turn the page.

Taehyung I'm sorry.

I suddenly was able to move again. I turn the page to see photos of our freshman class. Memories of freshman year were coming through my mind. I then find Taehyungs picture. I then start to tear up, thinking about him. I close the yearbook and threw it on the other side of the couch. As I was wiping away my tears, I hear a knock at my door.

I shook my head to the door as they knock again. I get up to look through the peep hole to see no one there. I open the door and look both left and right to see no one. I the close back the door and as I was walking to the couch, they knock again. I roll my eyes and I walk towards the door and open it. Again, nobody.

It's probably the kids next door playing.

I close the door again and walk to the couch, but this time they knock louder.

I then turn around and have my hands in a fist. I yank the door open.

"Okay stop messing with me!"

I open the door to see Jin.

"Hey it's just me. What's wrong?"

I then calm myself down and give him a startled look.

"Were you messing with me?"

He furrows his eyebrows and responds,

"No I literally just got here. Are you okay? You've been acting strange lately."

I put my hand on my forehead, trying to put things into place.

"I'm okay, I think it's because of my insomnia."

I walks towards the couch and Jin follows. We both sit down and he picks up the yearbook.

"What are you doing looking at this?"

"Just going through memory lane that's all."

He places the yearbook back onto the coffee table.

He tries to come close to me to kiss me but I pushed him away.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Jin, could you stay over for a few days? Or could I come over to your place?"

He chuckles.

"Why is that even a question? Of course I can and of course you can."

I smile and kiss him on the lips.

"Anyways why are you here?"

He smiles at me before taking something out of his pocket.

"What's this?"

"I know you're stressing a bit, so I got you this."

I look to it. It was a certificate for a spa treatment.

"Oh Jin you didn't have to."

"But I want to. I want you to be happy, not stressed."

I hug onto him and he holds me tight.

"Thanks babe."

I clap my hands in excitement.

"Oh, do you want to go to our high school reunion? It's on 15th."

He gives me a blank stare and then responds,

"Yeah why not? I'd like to catch up with everybody. It'd be nice."

"Alright. I'll tell Jess!"

He chuckles to my statement and he pecks me on the cheek. He then grabs the yearbook off the coffee table and opens it. As he opens the first page, he drops the yearbook.

"Ow! That fucking stings!"

The yearbook was open to Taehyungs picture.

"What happened jin?"

He sticks his thumb out.

"Paper cut."

I grab his hand and kiss his thumb.

"Better?"

He smiles to me and messes with my hair.

"Much better."

He gets up off the couch and so do I.

"Well love, I gotta get going for work. I'll call you alright?"

I nod my head and lead him to the door.

I open the door and he gives me a kiss.

"I'll pick you up from work tonight Alice. I love you."

"I love you too jin."

I close the door and walk back to the couch. I sit down and look to the yearbook. It was on a different page. I look closer to see the photos of my classmates. I then see his photo.

Jimin Park.