「 2 8 」

January 10, 2095

January 10, 2095

c̸̫̮͈͔̻̻̺̻̳̭̪̈͌̐̚͠ļ̸̧̤̳̲̖͈̩̗͉͙̞̱̭͆͂̋̈́̈́̾̀̈́̄͝ȍ̷̯̝̟̪̯̤͙͖̲̀̓̄̒͂̔̏̑̚͜ş̴̣̳̪̥̟̥͉̗́̋̃̑̈́̀̿̒͠͝e̷̯͊̐̇̓̎̑̃̆̀́̕͝͠t̸̠̝̺̻̂̋ͅ

"Welcome back to work Alice."

I slightly nod to Officer Min.

"It's nice seeing you again."

"How was your month off?"

I sigh and reply,

"It's been relaxing and interesting. But I'm happy to be back!"

He smiles softly and says,

"Well, I'll let you be. Just call if you need anything alright?"

I nod and went off to my desk.

I walk into the room where my desk was. I take a look outside through the window. I see the street lamp again. I rush to it and pull the blinds down.

I rush back to my seat and put on my headset.

Back to work Alice.

-

January 11, 2095

3:01 AM

Not much calls came through the night. Most of the time, I just read a book.

I hear my phone vibrate and I put my book down. As I was reaching for my phone, I hear a loud bang. I then turn to see where the sound was coming from. I then walk towards the door to see Officer Min sitting at the front desk, watching cameras.

I look at the screen to see someone walking. Officer Min doesn't notice, but how? It's right in front of his face.

I look to the entrance from where I am. I don't see anyone there.

I look back to the screen at the front desk from where I am. The person looks up at the camera, at me. They are making eye contact with me through the security camera.

I get freaked out and take a step back. The phone starts to ring and I look back to my desk.

I then look quickly back to the screen and the front door.

Gone.

The person is gone.

I rush towards my desk and put on my headset.

"911, what's your emergency?"

A young man replies to me in a panicking voice.