14.

(Y/N) sat in the breathless silence between them. Her quirk activated and went haywire. "You're.... not lying? How do you know?" (Y/N) exasperated, almost gasping for air because what Jordan had said left her winded. "I know. There are hundreds of villains after me. One day, I'm going to slip up, or worse, the villain will have their chance to kill me, and who knows. They might actually put a bullet to my brain after all..." Jordan sighed. "I want you to join my team, so I might actually have a chance at surviving for a little bit longer than what I've predicted. I need a good inside person for a stake out in a fancy casino next Friday. I want to train your quirk." While Jordan was talking, (Y/N)'s quirk picked up a subject about her that she saw in a newspaper. (Y/N) figured she would bring it up later.

"Exactly... how do you need to use my quirk?" (Y/N) murmured. "You're good at picking up things. Seeing things that usually most of the population wouldn't pick up immediately. It's a simple 'Yes, I'm in' or 'No, I can't do It' answer. I just need one of the two quickly. I haven't much time before some crazy fan bursts through my door," Jordan chuckled dryly. (Y/N) went over her options. This could be a big step forward, or a major disaster, like everyone had told her back in America. She thought hard, then Mirio's voice zoomed through her head. "...I'm in." Jordan's face lit up immediately, "Great. Just a few questions before I let you go. Do you know what my quirk is yet?" Her eyebrows raised. "I'm afraid not," (Y/N) smiled. Jordan carefully raised her gloved palm up revealing a mechanism (Y/N) had not noticed. It looked like a LED rimmed speaker that was built into the inside of her palm.

"I call it speaker," Jordan tapped on the metallic piece sticking out of her hand, "One quick short blast of these could blow a hole in the ground, deafen enemies, and are powerful enough to cause a small earthquake. The limit of this power is that they have quite a tendency to over heat and malfunction. That's why I got into the robotics and medical mainstream. I built in a cooling system that refridgerates the engine and pumps in water with liquid nitrogen, but it to is quite slow. I'm looking for improvement and most of the time I am in the garage, that's what I'm working on."

(Y/N) watched carefully as Jordan poked and prodded at her wrist, in what seemed to be in some sort of pattern. Jordan was murmuring to herself when finally something activated in her arm. "There! Come, look and see!" Jordan hopped up from her seat and trotted over to (Y/N)'s side, all while lifting up the sleeve of her trench coat so her fore arm was visible. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she watched streaks of neon blue flood down Jordan's arm, heading toward the speaker. They looked like veins, but with a mechanical purpose. She watched the light glow under Jordan's white glove then flow into the LED, making it flash blue and power up the speaker itself. The speaker made a "vrrr" humming sound as it came to life. "Did... did you make that?" (Y/N) questioned, still shocked. Jordan nodded, "I had to be careful not to mix them with my veins."

Jordan stood up, "So, when would you like to start training with me? I figured we'd start off with a jog at 6 for a while." (Y/N) wasn't sure if it was her attitude but she was even more excited than she had ever been. "Is tomorrow okay?" (Y/N) excitedly asked. Jordan's expression seemed to lighten, "Of course. You just have to meet me by the concert booth on the beach and we can start from there. (Y/N) quickly nodded. Jordan fixed her hat on her head and smoothed out her clothing, "I'll see you out there." She then winked and left the room to bunches of crowding fans. (Y/N) sat in silence, thinking and connecting dots to some sort of puzzle. A lightbulb flashed in her head, and she quickly brought out her phone. (Y/N) typed in Jordan's hero name to Boogle and searched through bunches of articles and poporazzi photos. She quietly murmured to herself while scanning over everything. Her eyes stopped on an article.

~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) stepped out of the room with almost a heavy hearted and puzzled expression on her face. "Why would she want to do that..." She mumbled to herself.