27.

Mirio leaned over and kissed (Y/N)'s temple as they walked. "Now, what was that for?" She gushed. "To show how much I love you and to thank you for doing this with me," he replied sweetly. "Well," (Y/N) smiled, "I greatly appreciate it and I love you too." She pecked his lips. Bravery sparked within her. She wasn't exactly the person to be kissing in public, but Mirio fondly liked this side of her and melted at her feet. He was love-sick. He felt like he was floating as he carefully guided (Y/N) to the secret restaurant that he had been neglecting to tell her about, just to raise suspense. Mirio wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked while talking to each other. He would crack the occasional joke, his favorite part just being able to listen to her giggle.

Kids ran up and down the street with tufts of cotton candy and sparklers. Some of them were dressed as their favorite heroes. The most common costume that (Y/N) saw was Deku and All Might. She smiled softly as they played the game 'Heroes v.s Villains' and continued to chase one another up and down the street, spilling their small bags of popcorn.

As they were about to turn the corner, Mirio fell behind her and covered her eyes with both of his hands. "C'mon, it doesn't have to be such a big surprise you big goof!" He laughed, "Shhh! Just accept it!" (Y/N) laughed and let herself be carefully guided by her blonde boyfriend. Mirio bit his lip as he lead her through a small food vendor area that had lights hung from building to building like the previous they had seen.

(Y/N) bit the inside of her cheek in excitement. She could feel the anticipation radiating off of Mirio and the slight squirm of him adjusting his hands to make sure she wasn't looking. Out of the blue, they stopped. (Y/N) was about to question why but kept her mouth shut until it unconsciously opened again when Mirio had uncovered her eyes to reveal his big secret. There, in front of her, was a large park that had a large pond in the center of it. All of the buildings were a few meters behind them. Lanterns lit up the sky and couples sat on blankets, cuddling up to one another. Parents would watch their children play happily, their smiles never fading for a moment.

Mirio hugged her from behind and gently rested his chin on her head, watching the sky with her as the lanterns danced as if they were in sync. "It's all so beautiful..." (Y/N) whispered. "But it pales in comparison to you, (Y/N)," Mirio hugged her tightly and whispered into her ear. She turned around in his grasp and smiled up at him. (Y/N) stood on her toes and gave him a warm and tender kiss on the lips before hugging him back, tightly, and burying her face into his chest. Mirio stroked her hair and they sat there for a few moments before (Y/N) pulled away, with a warm blush and smile. Mirio smiled back and gave a light chuckle, gently grabbing both of her hands, "There's going to be a firework show, and I heard it's really good! I haven't been here before and I-... I wanted you to be here to experience it with me for the first time..." He paused and blushed deeply, "together." He finished.

"That would be amazing, Mirio," (Y/N) giggled, a tear threatened to prick at her eye. He pressed a kiss to her head again then gently pulled her along the trail leading down to the pond's shore line. "I asked Nejire and Tamaki to set up a blanket for us around here, so keep an eye out for them," he chuckled and peeked at her to see that she was still watching the sky. He stayed silent and smiled to himself until a certain figure caught his eye. Nejire had flagged them down and was now waving them over like a mad man whilst Amajiki was setting up two blankets, one being a cliche red and white checkered one that was decorated with candles and food and the other being a jet black blanket that had a white star pattern and a set up of food that appeared to be freshly made from a local food vendor. Most likely a taco stand of somewhat.

Mirio held back a laugh with a short, but quick, snort. This caught (Y/N)'s attention, but she quickly followed his gaze, she quickly giggled herself. Mirio guided her over to where the two 'master minds' were standing. The dinner had not been planned. They did that by themselves. "Quite the set-up you have here," Mirio chuckled, "Mind if we join?" Nejire pranced over and directed them to the red and white checkered blanket, "This one is for you guys! We made it as cheesy and romantic as possible! You'll sit here and we'll be over there having tacos! You do your couple thing! Kiss, or, whatever!"  She placed her hands on her hips, proud, then strutted over to the blanket where Amajiki was enjoying one of the crunchy tacos they had ordered.