32.

The next four days were silence. The press was silent. The people were silent. The streets were silent, except for the quiet hum of cicadas and the brief twiddle of birds, but besides that, the world went quiet.

Three days of unexpected crying and being around friends. Two days of having to comforted in the warmth of lover's arms.

One day, to pay their respects before Jordan was truly gone.

Word had spread that her body and the rest of the team would be sent back to America where she would be buried in her home town in Michigan. It was unspecified on which one, but more details would be revealed sooner or later. The city had insisted on giving the precious hero a warm goodbye, upset that it truly had to end like this and having to leave all of her stuff behind. It was to be held in the main city, heavily guarded, and many to attend. Jordan's casket would be carried to the docks and put on a ship to America with American soldiers.

Mirio hugged (Y/N) close as they walked out of the parking garage along with Yamada, Aizawa, Tamaki, Nejire, and Eri. The made it down to the concrete sidewalk and stood in place behind the red wooden barrier. For once, Yamada had his hair down normal glasses on and a tux, his normal happy go lucky attitude vanquished along with the wind. Aizawa had his hair slicked back and in a neat bun, also with a tux and Eri on his hip. Nejire was dressed in a black dress that went down to her calf, her happy mood extinguished as well. Tamaki was dressed in his tux and he was fidgeting about, obviously disturbed by the amount of people gathering around them, but too upset to make a scene about it. No one was happy, not even the sky as it was shrouded in clouds.

(Y/N), herself, was dressed in a black knitted dress that hugged her curves and had a turtle neck at the top. It ran to about her mid-thigh and she wore and black sweater over the short sleeves, too busy being upset over the loss to notice a pair of lifeless eyes watching her every move. It was particularly cold for that day, especially since it was during the summer, it was odd. Mirio was dressed in a sharp tux, the same one (Y/N) had met him in.

They all were particularly close to the boat docks. (Y/N) could smell the salt from the ocean drifting through the air, but her attention dropped from that to the loud sound of people marching. Their feet hitting the ground all at the same time. The loud flap of network helicopters flew over head, blowing (Y/N)'s (h/c) hair around. Her eyes were still directed to the marching, her hands gripping the red, wooden barrier.

There they were. All American soldiers dressed in black uniforms with white gloves and hats. They all carried muskets that were raised to the sky. There was a long line of them. Hundreds of them. All silent, all different, barely moving but they still walked on. People held out candles, lit lanterns, and watched as they illuminated the air and filled the sky with light. Lilies littered the ground, along with burning candles.

People began to gather at the end of the dock, wearing black cloaked uniforms. They were a choir. (Y/N)'s eyes turned back to the street and went utterly silent. She couldn't even hear anyone breathe. Adair, Melaya, and Terra all carried a pitch black casket that had an American flag draped over it. The flag blew in the wind and fluttered sadly, as if waving goodbye. (Y/N)'s eyes welled up with tears as she heard Yamada, behind her, start to break down. Mirio still held her close to him, as if protecting her from the pain of losing Jordan. As the casket passed and there was the slight rumble in the ground. M.A.J.O.R made his way down the street, tailing the group of heroes and careful of the people standing on the side lines. Finally, they had made it all the way down to the dock. As soon as the parading was done, people started pushing past the red wooden barriers and on to the street, following the path of heroes, still carrying their candles and releasing lanterns. It was a warm goodbye.

A few words were spoken about Jordan's life, but no one seemed to notice when Terra had slipped away from the group of heroes. (Y/N), out of curiosity, started to follow her. "(Y/N)...? Where are you-?" Mirio was about to ask where she was heading off to, but then saw Terra start moving quickly down the sidewalk then into an alley, looking to be tailing someone. Soon enough, both Mirio and (Y/N) we're hot on her heels, following in pursuit.