24.

Only good feels in this chapter. Mmmmuey bueno.

( first-person: Adair's P.O.V)

"What do you mean, he just disappeared in mid-air!?" Tara questioned loudly.

We gathered around Jordan, who was now covered in more bandaging and bruises. My heart sank when I first walked into the room. I stood there, quiet, while the two upper handed leaders of the group discussed battle plans. "As I said," Jordan sighed, "He was gone right before my eyes." Melaya stepped forward, "That's impossible," she mumbled to them, "he didn't seem to have a quirk, like teleportation, when we were fighting. Actually, he didn't seem to have a quirk at all!" Jordan unfurled a document that was hidden under her mattress, "I actually think he does." Tara complained, "You know you weren't supposed to be working!"

Jordan looked at her, the crumpled document still in her hands, with a serious gaze. Tara closed her mouth. "I did some research, and apparently, this 'Daniel Horiko' person, isn't a registered quirk user, but examination of the bodies suggest otherwise. No, it's not teleportation."

Everyone, even myself, was listening to what she was saying, carefully following along. "About 75% of his victims have been injected with some sort of poison. The poisons weren't injested, though, they seemed to have seeped through the skin." All of our eyes went wide, "What kind of poison is the most common?" Tara muttered. "Cyanide," Jordan replied quietly, "I have a theory that his quirk, if he is to come into any physical contact with his bare hands, he is able to seep cyanide into his victims skin only using the tips of his fingers."

"Then what do you think his intention was when he was wearing gloves while fighting you?" I asked, finally properly joining the conversation. Jordan stayed silent for a minute, even though we all knew the answer. "Capture or kidnapping of some sort. When he broke into (Y/N)'s car and tried to take her, I have a feeling that he was trying to do the same thing to her, hence no finger prints were found at the scene. I need you guys to go and interrogate his ex co-workers at La Louvière, apparently (Y/N) worked there too, and he's done some creepy things, such as stalking. If this gets anywhere out of hand, we have to take this to an American measure." I nodded.

"I'll go," Tara said, "Melaya can go on patrol, and Adair will stay here with you. Now that you've been attacked by him twice, I don't want you being alone. I would've stayed myself, but I know that Adair would like to spend more time with you." I looked away, feeling the blood rush to my face. Tara hugged Jordan goodbye, then turned to me, "Now's your chance. Kiss her while you guys have privacy," she whispered in my ear. "What about the press?" I asked, "They're basically on the verge of breaking down her door, like the FBI, or something." Tara shook her head and walked out the door with Melaya following after she said her goodbyes as well. I sighed and sat in a plush chair next to Jordan's bed. "You can leave if you want to," she sighed, making me slightly tense up.

"Why would I do that?" I asked. "You've seemed so dense, lately," she looked at me with her beautiful red eyes that held gorgeous brown swirls, "It makes me feel like you don't want to be around me all that much. I understand." Her voice was tainted with sadness, taking effect on me. I reached over and set my hand on top of hers, caressing the top of the hers with my thumb. "I never wanted to leave," I whispered. "You were the one that rescued me. If you hadn't, I wouldn't be here, my family would still be God knows where, and I would still be at use of forced labor and being sold to different countries. As I said, I would never want to leave your side, ever. I promise." I felt my words rumble within my chest, and my accent allowed the words to flow off of my tounge like golden silk.

She smiled, warming my heart. "Thank you, Adair," she kindly reached out and pressed her palm against my cheek, and pulled me close. She kissed my forehead. She pulled away and looked directly into my eyes, but I knew she was looking at their color. The way both of our eye colors contratsed, and how they meant two of the opposite things. Her fingers brushed lightly against my cheek. I brushed a stray strand of hair from her face. I leaned in and kissed her, finally, after adoring her from afar. Only for a few moments, sadly... I wish we could be together. If only I could hold her in my arms and let the world know that I loved her... that I couldn't go on if I had to watch her leave me...