The Reason

Hey guys Nightingale here! After the Dragon Festival, Sirzechs told his brother that Rias hasn't been reporting like she should and now, Toki is going to see the reason for himself. What will happen? Will he succeed? Well you will have to find that yourself. Now, sit back, relax and enjoyyyyyyyyyyy...

_____________________________________________

Rozan - Underworld

Lilith: Wait Toki!!!

It was the day after the festival and aside from the mansion's servants, only Lilith and Toki were awake and up. Toki had an unusual frown in his face as he walked through the halls of the mansion, with Lilith jogging after him having a worried expression.

Toki: My word is final Lilith.

He said as he continued to walk towards the entrance of the mansion.

Lilith: I know what you said, but as your Queen it's my duty to always be by your side. (Whisper) So why won't you let me go with you?

She slowed down her pace until she stopped in the middle of one of the halls. Feeling her sadness Toki stopped and turned back to face her.

Toki: You got the wrong idea Lilith.

Lilith looked at her King to see him facing her.

Toki: You are thinking that I don't want you to come with me to the human world because I might be thinking that you would get in my way. I'm I right?

She simply turned her face to look in another direction, trying to avoid Toki's look. He sighed. His Queen was smart but sometimes she overthinks things to much. Toki tstarted walking in her direction and as soon as he was close enough, he leaned in and placed his forehead against her's.

Toki: Dummy. Why would I ever think that?

Lilith had gotten used to his displays of affection over the years they here together, but she still couldn't control her blushes as much as she wished to. There was something about his caress that just made her unable to keep her composure.

Toki: It's just a visit that will last today and tomorow at most, but even so, I don't want to leave the village with no one guiding it. I trust the others, but you are the one that has the skills to replace me as well as my second-in-command so I need you to stay here and look after everyone.

Of course she knew that, but even knowing it, she still wanted to go with him.

Lilith: But what if something happens?

He smiled and raised her up like a parent would to with a child.

Toki: Even if I don't look like it, I'm strong you know? I doubt there's anyone stronger than me in that town. I'll be fine.

She looked at him from above to his confident expression. 

Toki: I'm not going anywhere. As soon as I'm done, I'll come back to stay with you and the others. 

Llilith sighed and patted his arms so he would put her down, and he did so.

Lilith: There's no way to make you change your mind?

Toki: Nope.

Lilith: INSTANT RESPONSE?!

Toki: Hahahahaha!

He laughed at her reaction for his response and as soon as it stopped, they stood once again face to face looking at each other.

Toki: I'll be going now.