One Step Towards the Future - Part 1

Hey guys, Nightingale here! After having a bit of free time to spend, here it is, the follow up chapter to the disaster that put the entire Underworld on the edge. In this, you'll see what came to be of the people of the Underworld,a nd most importantly, their hero.

There's sadness, redemption, joy and special surprises for you in here to just sit back, relax and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy ... 

____________________________________

Sitri's Medical Center - Underworld

After what could be described as a month of panic and terror at the hands of the Old Maou Faction, normality seemed to have returned to the Underworld. No longer the devils and their families were afraid to leave the safety of their houses and make the streets busy again with moviment and laughs. In a way, it looked like the panic they had to endure was just a nightmare which they have waken up to in the morning.

Almost everything seemed fine. Yes, almost everything.

 Ravel: Thank you for allowing me to come with you Venelana-sama, Zeoticus-sama.

While every other person was currently going back to it's respective life, one was still trapped in the consequences of the Virus incident. 

Venelana: It's alright dear. You are worried about Toki just as we are. 

Zeoticus: Even with everything that's going on, we are not as heartless as to send you away when you just want to see our son.

On the day that incident as over, Toki Gremory was hospitalized after suffering from a large number of conditions aftecting his weakened body and was transported to the Sitri's Medical Center closer to their god-parents house, right in the middle of the Sitri territory where he now rested.

Despite the many request for visits, the docotrs were forced to limit them to family members only, fearing that the slighest thing could end up causing Toki's condition to get even worse somehow, leading to the current situation.

Ravel: Even so, I can't thank you enough for letting me come with you. There are a lot more people that wished they could be in my place right now.

Inside the car heading toward the medical facility, Venelana and Zeoticus shared a look between themselves as Ravel looked down, gripping the skirt of her dress in sadness. The matriarch of the Gremory clan reached out to her hands and gently grasped them, making the young Phenex look at her.

Venelana: This is not the last visit we are going to make so don't worry, the others will have their chance as well.

Her words made Ravel's heart feel a bit more at ease with the priviledge she earned.

Ravel: Oh! How could I forget!

Ravel suddently gasped in her lady like way.

Ravel: My parents, as well as everyone in the Phenex estate sended their best regards to you both as well as Toki.

Zeoticus smilled remembering that he had, indeed, a great friend.

Zeoticus: Then please send them our regards as well dear.

Ravel: Yes, I won't forget Zeoticus-sama.

Venelana: By the way ...

Venelana suddently commented gaining the young girl's attention.

Ravel: Yes?

Ravel asked tilting her head to the side.

Venelana: How is Riser doing? I heard he got hurt in the battle against one of the descendants. Is he ok?