I'm Here Now

Third Person POV

Darkness...

Silence...

Jason Todd hit his hand against the coffin suddenly.  Becoming overwhelmed, lacking air, and the feel of Panic.

"No no no no..."  His voice said through the utter darkness of the coffin. 

He was six feet under...alive...

He hit the wooden box again.

Again

Again

And again...

"No! Help me! Bruce? D-dick!?" He called out, trying to hold onto false hope.

"I-I- he- n-no-" Becoming more frantic, Jason Todd scratched at the coffin lid.

Voices called his name.  The mad laugh of the Joker rang through the once soundless box.

"Boy blunder...!"

Sound of a crow bar scraping concrete...

"Robin."

More scrapes...

"Jason..."

Louder...

"Jay?"

WHACK-!

"JASON!!"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Jason jerked awake.  A hand lifted off his shoulder. 

Jason panted, trying to regain his breath and thoughts.  He looked around.  His bedroom.  Not a coffin. 

"Jay...?"

He looked up, his emerald eyes locking with his big brothers deep blue ones.

"Dick?"  He asked.  His voice scratchy a bit...had He been screaming any?

His brother- Dick- sighed and sat on the foot of the bed.  "Yeah, Little wing.  You okay?"  He asked.

"I- uh- yeah...no, no! Not- not really."  He answered.  He learned it was absolutely no use to lie to Dick.  Bruce- mabey, Dick- waste of your time.

Dick smiled reassuringly.  "Let's Get some of Alfies hot chocolate and you can tell me about it."  He said.

Jason nodded, getting his breathing under control.  He tossed the covers off and followed Dick into the kitchen.

His eyes took a moment to adjust to the light that had become flipped on.  By the time they did, Dick sat a hot mug of cocoa in front of him, and sat next to him.

"Right, what happened, Jay bird?"  He asked before taking a sip of his own mug.

Jason shook his head a little.  "I was in a coffin.  Not the pit- a coffin."  He said.  "Six feet under, alive."  He said.  Jason took a nervous sip of his drink.

The hand returned to his shoulder.  "And?"  His brother urged easily.

"I cried out... getting some pathetic, stupid hope Bruce would save me." Jason sternly said.  Waking up a bit more, and becoming more...Jason like.

Dick sipped his drink again.  A sign to keep going.

"There were voices. Jokers laugh, the crowbar.  I was trapped, and no one was there." He summed up.  Sipping his cocoa.

The hand tightens its grip on his shoulder some.  Dick has no words for this one, but he doesn't need them. 

He sets his mug down as pulls Jason a little closer.  Then pushing himself closer, he wraps his arms around his brother.  Hugging him protectively.

"We're here now... I'm here now. "

Right, glad that's all done.  Also, If you have any ideas for a Jason and Dick Brothers story you wanna see, comment them!

~Legendary