New Night | Sequel To 'First Night'

Requested By - Teaismychild

Bat Cave - 10:24

"Are you ready, Grayson?"

"Just a minute, Dami."

"Tt, I'll be in the bat mobile."

"Alright."

"... May I drive?"

"Maybe."

"Hm."

Dick Grayson stood before a display case, which held the original bat suit, which Bruce wore.  Dick currently had on his own suit.  It looked the same, but made to fit him, and also a bit more flexible. 

His blue eyes studied the case and it's contents, and his brow furrowed.  "I don't know if I can be as good as you..."  He spoke quietly.  "I don't know if I can keep them together, or alive." 

His frown turned sharper.  "I never wanted to be you.  To wear the cowl, but now I have to."  He sighed, shaking his head.  "This is stupid.  I can't be you.  I can't do it like you." 

There was a pause, before a strong hand clasped the acrobats shoulder. 

"Then don't be him.  Don't do it like him, because your not him.  Your Dick Grayson, my brother, Nightwing, and now Batman.  But you were never Bruce Wayne, and never have to be."  A voice said, one that was very familiar to the hero.

Dick turned his gaze to the voice, meeting the green eyes of this little brother, Jason Todd.  Jason wore his Red Hood attire, but didn't have the helmet on yet.

"Right now, it's not Bruce we need.  We need you."  Jason continued.  "Bruce wouldn't help Damian, but you can.  Bruce didn't drag my butt here, but you did.  Bruce never kept us from fighting, but you have."  He listed.  "Your gonna do just fine, as Dick Grayson.  Plus, your not alone."  Jason finished.

"You've got nothing to prove.  Just do your best, and Don't. Die."

Another pause, until it was Dick that spoke up.

"Didn't I tell you that?"

"Maybe." 

Dick laughed a little, his spirits lifted.  "Thanks, Jaybird." 

Jason smirked.  "Only fair.  You helped me on my first night, I'll help you.  Plus, can't let my bro go out there depressed.  Your face could get stuck, and then you'd really look like him." 

"Can't have that, can we." 

"Nope."  Jason responded, popping the P.

Suddenly, a car horn blasted out in the cave.  The bats screeched angrily, and the two brothers looked toward the bat mobile.

"Oh no... Don't tell me your actually letting him drive."  Jason said, unsure.

"Maybe."

"Dick, your kidding me, right? Pulling my leg?"

"Maybe."

"Dang it- bro I'm telling you-!" 

Jason was cut off by Robin.  "Let's go! We don't have all night!" 

The brothers looked at each other again, amazed.  "Deja vu..."  Jason groaned.  "For real..." Dick nodded, pulling the cowl over his head. 

"Just don't die.  I've had enough memories tonight.  No need to go that far."  Jason said, dead serious as he put his helmet on.

"Same goes to you, Red."  The bat said, smirking.

"Stop smirking, it's creepy with the cowl."

Dick cackled.

"Oh that's just disturbing."

"Well try to get turbed." 

"Oh my gosh-!"

Another honk.

...

...

"He isn't driving, right?"

"Maybe."

"We might both die..."

~》

That's it, my lovely readers!  Hope you enjoyed.  I loved making this.  I feel like there was so much more humor I could put in, but UGHHHH-

~Legendary