Chapter 13: In With The New

"That's kinda harsh, Talia. You just turned the poor guy down without giving him a chance." My friend Dolly stated as we fix ourselves inside the washroom in our university.

She is actually American and just the same age as I am so we got along immediately when I started school. We speak in this language only when we were alone but we blend with the rest once we are in a classroom. She has been my best friend for a few months now so we are so comfortable around each other so it was easier for me to cope up and fix myself more.

Besides, it's already been a year.

I wanted to give birth before I could start my days in the university. But the happy days that I wished didn't happen.

When I gave birth to little Ezekiel, I was the happiest. The hole in my heart was slowly being stitched when I hear her crying but there was a complication occurred. Just as I thought that I was curing, the doctor told us that the baby couldn't breathe on his own. I was so depressed and afraid to lose him and it happened.

2 weeks after he was born, he left me.

He is now a little angel.

I was so afraid that I will never get over the pain. It was so hard and I thought it is better to die but I reminded myself...to live more.

I will live for my child and be better. Ending my life is like giving up and I know it is bad. Nothing will be solved.

I will work hard to get better and I did.

My Dad had me sessions with a therapy just to help me regain myself. Of course I hated it at first but I admit, it helped me recover.

Then I got into the university, and met Dolly. She was this bubbly kind of woman, loves to party and she comes from a very happy family so she always brings this awesome vibe which helps my spirit up.

We have lots of friends here but we are the closest one. Attending parties is a good way to gain more friends and to blend along with anyone. It makes me feel young again and something that I lost the opportunity before. Now, I have these friends who are helping me heal a broken heart. They do not know a thing about my past but they noticed it in me. They keep on telling me that I look like I've been through hell and back.

That my eyes were never happy.

But honestly, I think I already happy.

My past is the one that is pulling me back but it is something that is holding me up high to be strong.

Dolly is the one I have through thick and thin and its a huge problem, because I can't bring myself to tell her about my past. They never force it out of me so I am internally grateful for that.

"Girls, do I look fat in this?" my other friend, Soleigh asked as she came out wearing a new dress because she got spilled by a coffee earlier. She is a very tall slim woman with a statuesque figure. She is French and she cannot speak English that much.

"That dress is much better than the one you are wearing earlier." I commented, gazing at her as she turns around for us to check.

"But your ass looks bigger than that." the other girlfriend, Mercedes laughed. She also know how to speak American.

"Oh, then I am glad I brought this with me." Soleigh cheekily replied before checking himself in front of the mirror. These women are so obsessed in looking good but I'm glad to have them as my friends. They are so fun to be with. "By the way, I was called earlier by a friend and there was this new club that opened up last night, want to check it out?"