Chapter 20: The Unspoken Thing

It's been two days since I last saw Lucas and by any chance, we haven't seen each other yet or bump on the way out of the aparment. I plan to not go to the gym anymore and obviously avoiding him because I don't really want to see him. Proposing the idea of letting is my plan so I must stick to my words.

Instead I should focus more on why I am really here. I am just driving home from a client meeting where the senator asked for a portrait of him and his family on the spot. He made me pain them and it is actually not that difficult to me anymore because I do a lot of that when I was just starting to be an artist.

Right now, I am heading back home because I have an incoming call from Valentin who seems to be really longing to see and talk to me.

"Hello, Belle." the bright smile of Valentin flashes on the screen causing me to feel the equal amount of excitement. "How are things going there?"

"Great...i just got home from a client and now, I'm going to finish a painting that I will  give to the children at the charity." I replied, leaning back to the chair, my eyes caught the case of flowers he sent me. "I really appreciate the flowers, love. They are amazing and it really made me happy."

"Well, that's my purpose...to make you happy." He winked at me. "So, everyone here misses you already."

I chuckled "They might wait a little longer because there is a lot things that I need to take care of." I already consulted a lawyer that my family trusted for years and she will arrange everything for me and I don't have anything to worry about as long as the husband doesn't go against it.

I'm sure Lucas will immediately sign the papers and that's what I need. To be finally free...

"Belle?"

"Yeah?" my mind snapped back to him. Valentin is actually half naked and he is lying on his couch while watching a series. It seems like he just got home from the club.

"You okay?" he asked, concerned in his eyes. "You were just there for a week and it looks like you lost weight."

"Homesick, maybe?" I bit my lower lip and placed my chin on my head while leaning on the table.

Valentin laughs boyishly. "Homesick? You are home."

I same my head in disagreement. "This is not home, okay? My home is there in Paris with you and my friends. Not here anymore."

Valentin noticed my uneasiness as his eyes narrows a little but he chose not to ask. Instead, he leans closer to the screen and kissed it. "There, I already kissed you so smile." he spreads his lips to a funny grin causing me to do the same. I appreciate his concern though. He always shows how much he cares about me and I need that right now. To have someone gave his whole attention only to me. Not a shared one.

"Val..." I don't know why I called him but it just slips from me causing him to stop from talking.

"Yes, Belle?" He raised his eyebrows, anticipating what I was going to say.

All of a sudden, the heavy weight in my chest comes up as my throat seems like it is about to give up. I wanted to cry but I don't want to show it to him but, it feels like I have to.

"What's wrong, Belle?" Valentin notices my silence and quickly became worried when he notices the gloom in my face.

No, I don't want to tell him yet. "Nothing, love. I just...i just miss you...and everyone else."

Valentin made a sad smile but understands me enough to comfort me. "I miss you too...so much. Don't cry anymore because you are not really going to stay there long, right? You will come back here and life will be normal again as it always been." He wrinkled his nose and winked at me. "Smile now. I hate seeing you cry and sad. We are just here anyway."