Chapter 19: Realization

I woke up early and maybe I haven't slept nicely at all because of Lucas's invitation about the run. And now just that, I couldn't get over the fact that he wanted me to come and meet his friends. But, I don't want to think anything weird or anything but it just feels weird that he wanted me to come. Isn't it strange for his fiancée especially Silvia is the type of person who hates being jealous that's for sure.

I already am prepared for the run, I already worn a sports outfit to get myself comfortable as I run.

When I looked at my watch, it is already ten minutes before five so maybe Lucas is already ready. I was tying the laces of my shoes when someone knocks on my door. That could be it.

I head over to the door and opened it, greeted by Lucas.

He flashes me his genuine smile while his hand are inside the pocket of his track pants. "Ready?"

I nod and smiled. "Yeah, just got finished."

"Great, then let us go." He motioned his head before I close my door behind him.

Bruno barks, catching my attention which made me grin and pet his head. "Hi, boy! Are you coming with us?" he barks once more, excitement evident in its face and I head downstairs with Lucas.

The park is just a few meters away so we are surely just going to walk and that would be an opportunity to be alone with again.

Ramon smiles upon seeing us and greeted us with his radiant happy face. "Good morning, Mr. Saavedra and Ms. Berkeley. Off to the gym?"

"No, Ramon. We are off to run today at the park." Lucas answered.

"Good morning to you too, Ramon. Looking handsome as ever, huh?" I winked at him and I'm sure he won't take it as a flirting.

"Thank you, Ms. Berkeley. You don't look bad yourself too." Ramon smiles back.

Lucas seems a little bothered at our exchange and didn't look pleased with it so I ended it there before he gets the wrong idea. We head out of the building and Lucas wasn't looking back to me. It is strange but it makes me want to laugh at his reaction. A smile is creeping out to from from me but I'm fighting not to show it.

"Talia, you do know that Ramon is married."

Uh-oh, he didn't like it.

I made a cheerful face and confidently smiled. “Of course I know. He’s a sweet guy and I don’t think I will let a guy pass through my fingers if he’s single.” I joked because I would be so comfortable Around Ramon if he’s single. I will ask him to go out with me but only as a friend though. I don’t think he’s my type of guy.

I thought my answer is fine with Lucas but instead, it seems like I made it even worse. The unpleasant expression he has is really entertaining me.

“Then why are you still flirting with him?” He glances at me with narrow eyes.

I laughed at his reply. “I am definitely not flirting with Ramon, Lucas. Calm down. I know my limits as a friend.”

“You winked at him.” He pointed out. “That’s something that a friend shouldn’t do.”

I madly want to tease him right now but I’m sure this is not the right time for that. I will be doomed if I did.

“Lucas, stop with the grunts. I don’t like Ramon, alright? He has a wife and I respect that so don’t misunderstand my kindness to him.” I wanted to clear things before she really believes that I don’t have a limit when it comes to guys. “Besides, it is my nature to be friends with the people working around me to make sure that someone is there to help me whenever I need it.”