Chapter 32: A Hero

Waking up the next day, I feel a little lighter than I was last night. All the horror that I learned was now placed at the back of my mind. I'm trying to move on from it, learning and letting it be just fall in our past. We cannot be stuck in the same problem over and over.

So what, we have bad people along the way. As long as Lucas and I got to leave in peace after this.

We won't let anything happen again that will tear us apart.

My eyes opended and I slightly winced from the sunlight that flashes through the window. I had my back on Lucas while his arms circled my waist as if he is afraid to let me go. I faced him so gently and both of his eyes are closed, breathing softly but his lips are slightly pouted. He looks so cute.

I don't know how long I've been staring at him until he opened his eyes. His weakening smile forms and I was smitten once again.

"'Morning." I wrinkled my nose and chuckled.

"Good morning." He whispered back and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I wish we already accomplished some twins last night."

I rolled my eyes and turn my body towards him this time, wrapping my arms around his torso and leaning my whole head on his chest. The action made my husband laugh which causes for his chest to vibrate beneath me.

" Someone wants to cuddle." Lucas chanted while he traces his fingertips slowly on my bare back and arm.

"Well, I'm certain that I'm not the only one." I teases back, purring in pleasure. I love the feel of his fingertips. They are a bit tough but that just adds into the satisfaction. "Lucas?"

"Hmm?"

"Don't leave me."

"What?" Lucas lifted me up to look at him in the eyes. "Baby, what are you saying? Of course I won't leave you."

"I know..." I paused for a few seconds. "I just want to be sure. You know my life isn't the perfect one. It was actually horrible. I just don't want it to happen again when we decided to form our own family. Let's do our best to maintain it whole and happy."

Relief flooded in his eyes yet, he eyes me with earnest and comfort. "You no longer have to fear such thing. There is no perfect family and we don't need a perfect one. But I can assure you that I will do whatever it takes to give you the best and so it to our child." He leans closer to place a kiss, sealing his promise by that.

I don't need a big family, just a happy one is enough. Because that's what I haven't experienced.

Lucas experienced happiness from his parents but it is just sad that they didn't got the chance to stay with him longer. They dead too early.

"Come on, I will prepare breakfast." Lucas pulls away and stands up, in all his naked glory, walks to get some new boxers. And damn, those cheeks are so cute.

I bit my lower lip as I let out a giggle. "You're still confident walking around without anything on, huh."

Lucas shrugged his shoulders and made his way out of my room. I drop my body back in the sheets, stretching my body to feel better. It took me a while before following my husband in the kitchen.

The sexiest thing I ever see in my whole life is not a naked Lucas, actually. I find what's in front of me the best.

My husband wearing nothing but boxers, an apron on and flipping some fluffy pancakes. I fight back not to laugh out loud but I really can't help it. Snaking my arms around his waist and touched the top of my nose on his nape, smelling his boyish scent.