Chapter 3

Cheyenne:

"Hey Chey, loving the new shirt" Emma said.

"Yeah it really compliments your key necklace" Chloe said.

"Thanks" I replied.

"Where'd you get that necklace again?" Emma asked.

"Oh, my dad gave it to me years ago" I said.

"Where's the shirt from?" Chloe asked.

"I got it at H&M" I said.

"Ugh you're lucky Chi, my mom still won't let me shop there" Chloe said.

"Yeah your mom is so cool" Emma said.

"Yeah I guess so" I said nonchalantly.

"Unlike us, your parents are actually cool" Emma added.

"Idk about that" I said.

"And your dad is a total DILF" Chloe said.

"Oh my god!" I said loudly while turning red.

"... She's not lying" Emma said.

"That's my dad you guys are talking about!" I said embarrassed.

"What about me?" My dad said suddenly from the doorway.

Instantly all of our faces heated up red. We all wondered if he heard us talking about him. Specifically about the certain thing. We all began talking fast.

"Uhhhh just that you're a cool person Mr. Topp" Chloe said.

"Uhhh yeah, your dad jokes are actually pretty funny" Emma said.

"Yeah what they said" I added.

"Oh, well thanks girls, I'll let you get back to your project as I have to help your mom with laundry" Dad said.

"Okay cool" I said.

"Don't have too much fun" He said walking away.

He left and went downstairs to go help Mom. We waited for a couple extra seconds before bursting out laughing.

"Oh my god that was so awkward!" I said laughing.

"If we don't get back to this project we'll never finish it on time" Emma said.

"Whose idea was it to do extra credit anyway? We all have A's" Chloe said.

They both looked at me.

"I'm only doing it because my mom told me to" I said defending myself.

"Do you do everything your mom tells you?" Chloe questioned.

"No" I said.

"Really?" Emma questioned raising an eyebrow.

"What? I don't" I said.

"Hmm what about that time you couldn't come to Luke's birthday party because your mom told you to mow the lawn?" Chloe said.

"Or the time you couldn't go to the dance because your mom said you needed to do more extra credit" Emma said.

"Or-" Chloe began.

"Ok ok I get it" I said laughing.

"Soo this brings me to my idea" Chloe said.

"Huh?" I said.

"We should totally sneak out and go to the beach" Chloe said.

"What are you crazy? Our parents will kill us if they found out" Emma said.

"Yeah I don't know" I said.

"C'mon it will be so cool, the waves at night are amazing" Chloe said.

"How would we even do sneak out? My parents are right downstairs" I said.

"I can distract them" Emma offered.

"How?" I asked.

"Watch and learn" Emma said standing up.

Emma left my room and went downstairs. After Chloe and I heard talking we sprung into action. I opened the window and Chloe grabbed a sheet. We tied it with knots along the way and threw it out my window until it reached the ground. If it worked in the movies it should work in practice. Thankfully it did and Chloe and I were able to sneak out unnoticed. After a few minutes Emma came sliding out of the window as well.

"So what did you talk to them about?" I asked.

"I asked them if cereal was cold soup" Emma said.

"Oh my god" I said chuckling.

We looked around to make sure no one saw us before hopping in my car. On my sixteenth birthday my mom had bought me a black Honda Civic much to my dad's protests. I backed out of the driveway and zoomed off to the beach. After we parked we all got out and hit the beach. The sand actually felt nice and cool when it was at night. I felt a ball of sand hit me in the back.

"Who threw that?" I said turning around.

"Not me" They both said.

"Uh huh likely story" I said kneeling.

I grabbed a handful of sand in each hand and sculpted them. I threw both of them at my friends.

"Omg you are so dead!" Emma said.

I ran away as Chloe and Emma chased after me. Balls of sand hitting around me and near my feet. We were having so much fun goofing off instead of doing boring schoolwork. After our sand war and putting our feet in the water we decided to head back up to the car to go home. We couldn't be gone too long before my parents found out. Strangely there was a car parked next to mine when we got back to the parking lot. When we reached our car the other cars window rolled down to reveal both my parents faces.

"How was the water?" My mom asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Topp!" Chloe said startled.

"I swear we were coming right back" I said.

"We'll follow behind you" My dad said.

"Yes sir" Emma said.

We got in my car and buckled up before beginning to back out. As we moved dad asked me a question.

"Did you honestly think the cold soup question would work?" He asked.

"It was worth a shot" Emma said.

"We settled that debate a long time ago when I was right" My mom said.

"Hold on a minute, you said that I was right" Dad said.

"Well I only said that because-" Mom said as their window rolled up and we couldn't hear them anymore.