Chapter 6

Cheyenne:

"Did you remember to pack sunscreen?" Dad asked me.

"Yes dad for the 5th time" I said dramatically.

"I just wanna make sure we don't get burnt" He said rummaging through his bag.

"I've only gotten burnt once Dad and that was like 5 years ago" I said.

"I know, I just like to be prepared for anything" He said dramatically.

I nodded and went back to my phone. Emma De Jong and Chloe Garcia were supposed to arrive sometime soon. Mom said I could invite friends so I invited my two best friends to go with us.

"Shaynnnee!" My mom called from upstairs.

"One sec" He said before heading upstairs.

I finished zipping up my backpack when the doorbell rang. It had to be Emma and Chloe. I put my phone down and went to open the door. On the other side were my two friends.

"Wazzup" Emma said.

"Hey girl" Chloe said.

"Ayy" I said.

We all leaned in for a group hug. They came inside and set their bags down while Chloe's dad and Emma's mom stood near the door.

"Mom, Dad, Emma and Chloe are here!" I yelled.

Footsteps came quickly on the stairs as they came down to greet their parents. My dad talked to Emma's mom while my mom talked to Chloe's dad.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Emma asked as we eavesdropped.

"Your mom is probably asking Mr. Topp for his phone number" Chloe joked.

"Hey!" I said playfully hitting her arm.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind Mr. Topp being my step dad" Emma said.

"You guys are something else" I said laughing.

"Its too bad your mom is so fricking hot Cheyenne" Chloe said.

"Yeah, how in the world did you manage to get the hottest parents" Emma said.

Before I could answer, all the parents came over to us. They were probably going to say goodbye while my parents laid out the rules.

"Ok, I just wanted to make sure you girls are all set for today" Mr. Garcia said.

"Yes sir, we have everything we need" Emma said.

"And if we need anything else we'll tell Mr. and Mrs. Topp or call you" Chloe said.

"Just make sure you guys are safe and above all, remember to have fun today" Ms. De Jong said.

"Yes ma'am, we will" I said.

Once everyone was satisfied, Mr. Garcia and Ms. De Jong said theur goodbyes and left. Chloe was drinking water and Emma was double checking her bag when my mom came over.

"Hey I just wanted to give you something before we left" My mom said reaching into her pocket.

She pulled out a gold necklace with a bedazzled pizza slice charm. It matched the one she was wearing right now.

"What's this for?" I asked as she was putting the necklace on me.

"Because you're my favorite pizza place" My dad said from behind her.

"What does that even mean?" I asked confused.

"Don't ask, just, it's a gift for working so hard in school and I wanted to get us something matching" My mom said chuckling.

"Thanks mom" I said giving her a quick hug.

"Your welcome" She said and went to ralk to dad.

"Nice necklace Chey" Emma said.

"Yeah it really contrasts your key necklace" Chloe said.

"Thanks, I'm not sure what it means yet though" I said.

"It means I'm hungry and we should get going" Chloe joked.

As if the world listened to her, my parents showed up behind us, finally ready to go. Unlike us they were wearing jeans and matching pink "lifes a party" jackets. 'So we could find them in a crowd' so they said. Meanwhile I was wearing black nike shorts with a loose plain white tee. Chloe was wearing a black tee with pineapples and white shorts. Emma had a white tee with the dutch flag on it and mean shorts.

"Everyone ready to go?" Mom asked.

"Yep" We all said.

"Great, let's get this stuff in the car and we'll head out" Mom replied.

We nodded and grabbed our stuff and headed towards the garage. Dad helped us pack all the bags in the trunk while Mom got in the drivers seat. Once the trunk was closed I hopped in the back with Chloe and Emma. After we all buckled up, Mom drove onto the driveway and shut the garage door.

"Disneyland here we come!" Mom said excitedly as we drove down the road.