Ch. 6

< -- six -- >

< -- six -- >

· ·

Somehow without putting my finger on a single soul I found myself staring at Principle Howard and his terrible comb over. His suit jacket was already off as if he had been through a hard days work when the bell for first period rang only forty minutes ago. A few stacks of manilla folders sat on one side of his desk and a small pink box of donuts sat on the other. A pencil cup that held thirteen writing utensils, ten black ink pens and three blue pens sat in his silver number one principle cup.

"When I walked into school on this sunny Friday morning the thought of a breakfast fight never crossed my mind." He exhaled loudly through his nose. "I thought we had an understanding Mr. Crawford. No more fighting."

If I could just punch Principle Howard in his face a few good times I would swear to never fight again. "I didn't put my hands on anyone except to help Mike to the nurse's office."

"And I have a few students that say otherwise."

"Like who? Derrick, Dru, and Eric?"

The way that Principle Howard eyes widened for a moment before lowering I knew that it was them maybe even more. "No matter who came to me Mr. Crawford. All of their stores match up and I spoke to them separately."

"Are you asking for my side of the story or what? Did you ask Mike why he was shaking so hard? Where Ethan got a busted lip or Neema?"

Principle Howard sat up in his chair. "Neema Marshall witnessed what happened?"

"As well as the guys that got beat up." I deadpanned annoyed that he wasn't even considering them.

Picking up the phone he asked his assistant to call Neema Marshall to his office immediately. Hanging up he turned back to me, "Now go ahead and tell me what happened."

Explaining to Principle Howard what happened when I walked in seemed useless but I did it anyway so I could get the hell out of his office. I was tired of looking at his face feeling a headache forming from how thick his glasses were.

Once I told my side he told me to never step foot in his office for the rest of the year or he would have a long discussion with my baseball coach which I still didn't care about in the least. I needed to talk to my coach as well to let him know that I quit.

"And make sure to remove your hoodie before returning to class Mr. Crawford. It's not apart of our school uniform."

"Sure thing." I lied closing his office door behind me.

Taking my pass from the assistant I headed back to the nurse's office to check and see if Ethan was still there or not and if Mike was doing okay.

"Lars! Lars!" Turning around Neema hurried over to me, her pass to the principal's office in hand. Stopping in front of me she looked me over as if I had been injured. "Hey." She grabbed my normal hand looking at my knuckles. "Good. You didn't go after them."