Ch. 14

< --  fourteen  -- >

· ·

Mom came home around seven thirty looking and walking like a zombie. Wanting to finish our conversation from this morning I held my tongue watching as she dragged herself upstairs to what I thought was to shower but found her halfway on her bed fast asleep. Her lower half hung off, both shoes kicked off on the floor, but her socks were still on.

Lifting her legs I put them in the bed with her tossing a blanket from the closet on top of her. Turning off the light I went back downstairs to check on Ellie finding her in the living room watching a movie. "Eloise?"

"Yeah?" She turned from the tv.

"Mom is sleeping so don't wake her up. She'll probably be out till the morning."

"Why are you talking like you're leaving the house?"

"Because I am."

"You can't leave you're grounded." She whispered harshly as if she was the older sibling whose rules I had to follow.

"Take a shower, brush your teeth, and be in bed my nine."

Pausing the movie she crossed her arms, "Eleven thirty."

"Are you out of your mind? Mom would for sure know you stayed up because you would be too tired to function for school. Nine thirty."

"Eleven."

Rubbing over my face I tried to think of ways to bribe her or just take the punishment if mom found out. "Ten thirty and," taking out my wallet I pulled out a twenty, "here's twenty bucks. I'll even let you skip gymnastics practice on Wednesday to hang out with that William boy instead."

"Fine." She tried to fight her smile.

"But under my supervision, got it?"

"Okay."

Staring at her for a minute she tried to nonchalantly go back to the movie but I knew she was screaming with joy on the inside. Grabbing my keys from the key hook where dad's keys would have been I closed the front door quietly behind me locking it for mom and Eloise's safety.

Walking down the driveway to my baby I traced my fingers across her black coat. She was my 1969 Camaro that cost my parents a nice penny but they had saved for it ever since I was a baby waiting for the day I got my license.

Closing myself inside, her leather scent surrounded me. Looking over the radio knobs and passenger seat memories I've had in this car played like an old black and white film. Driving to parties. Having randoms in the front and backseat. Getting my second blowjob right here in this exact spot, in my parent's driveway. Pretty classy.

Glancing at the digital clock I wondered if Neema was asleep. Fishing out my cell I pulled up our messages typing out a goodnight text when three dots appeared pausing me.