Ch. 24

< -- twenty - four -- >

• • •

Feeling my body being shaken I tried to blink my eyes open but they felt like lead. My brain felt like it was trying to be sucked out of my body through my asshole. My limbs were still a little sore as images of Kelsey upside down on the floor while I squatted on the edge of the couch pounding into her ca
me to mind waking me up with a full on dry heave.

"Oh gross."

Hearing the familiar voice made my stomach tighten even more wishing that they weren't witnessing my death. I just wanted to be alone.

Closing my eyes for just a few more seconds I spat once more before rising on shaky legs. Seeing Ethan step forward to help I put my hand out warning him to back off. Furrowing his brows he pocketed his hands stepping back as I passed by to brush the filth from my mouth.

Standing silently to the side I tried to ignore his presence. How was I supposed to explain to my best friend that I was avoiding him because I was even more tempted to take my life. Living for Eloise was the only thing that was keeping me going. I wouldn't leave her alone not after the pain I've already caused her.

"Lars." He called out as I walked past to turn on the shower. "Lars, don't ignore me. Lars!"

"What are you doing here E?" I groaned, rubbing over my temples in pain.

He snorted in irritation, "Is that supposed to be a rhetorical question?"

"No, it's not. We haven't spoken in almost two months, so what are you doing here?"

Crossing his arms he narrowed his eyes at me, the tips of his ears turning red. "Just because we haven't spoken in twenty-eight days doesn't mean that you're not my best friend anymore. You just went through something rough and I know that you like to be alone when things get out of your control 'cause you need time to process so I was giving you space. I wasn't surprised when your mom called me but I tried to get a hold of you to at least bring her some peace but then I got a call this morning. The caller ID said Lars but a little ten year old girl with a worried voice asked me to go check on her brother.

So of course I come to see what's going on but what surprises me is when your mom says she's so happy that I found some time to come and hangout since I've been sooo busy. I get that you want to be alone sometimes - trust me, I've learned after trying to get you to talk about Cas before you were ready. I've given you space Lars and I'm still your best friend. You can talk to me and you know that. I'm just a little confused as to why you thought you couldn't talk to me. You had no problem speaking with Neema." He gestured towards my body.