Ch. 8

< -- eight -- >

· ·

Opening my locker I searched my bag for something that would substitute for the lunch that I missed. Moving around a few notebooks and crumbled pieces of paper my finger touched what felt like a bag of something hopefully edible.

Grabbing it as my stomach growled I pulled out two precious packs of Eloise's fruit snacks. "Oh, thank fuck."

Stuffing the second pack into my pocket, I opened the first one with my teeth ready to toss it all in my mouth when I was shoved forward making the delicious gummies fall from my hand onto the dirty floor that couldn't surpass the five second rule by one.

Hitting my head on the shelf inside the locker I pulled myself up and out with both hands no longer caring about my prosthetic arm. Turning around Eric, Dru, Derrick, and the guy with braids surrounded me. Four against one. Not bad guys.

To my surprise, Derrick wasn't the one that pushed me standing the furthest away brushing his hair with the most advantage to run if a teacher came. The guy with braids had somehow found a replacement for his shirt and stood as the head of the group. "It seemed like you had something to say back in the cafeteria so here I am bitch."

My mind was still on the wasted pack of fruit snacks that had appeared in my backpack. A pack of fruit snacks that I don't remember putting there meaning either my mom put them there or Eloise did. Fruit snacks that she hates to share even with her friends. I guess she could be sweet.

"Hey dickhead. He was talking to you." The guy in between Derrick and the guy with braids said.

"Oh, so without your little faggot friends and bitch -"

"Yo, watch you fucking mouth when it comes to her Dru." Derrick spoke up from the back.

Great, so now we can connect some names with faces . . . but the damn fruit snacks.

"No, fuck her Derrick." The other guy to the right of the one with braids turned to him. "She dated you for months without giving anything up and then got pissed when you had to fulfill your needs elsewhere." He sucked his teeth. "Fuck that and fuck her."

"Eric, I'm not gonna tell you again to shut the fuck up about her." Derrick pointed the handle of his brush towards him. "You fucking get me?"

"You all seem to need a minute to sort out your personal business." I chuckled pulling out my spared pack of fruit snacks leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Shut the hell up." The nameless one with braids stood in front of me a bit conflicted with where his attention should be.

Raising my hands laughing, I poured the snacks in my prosthetic palm popping one in my mouth to enjoy the fuckshow.