F O U R

last part of 1.01
we only see each other at weddings and funerals

~*~

     Ivy walked down into the kitchen, draping her coat over the back of a chair as she realized it was only Klaus and Five in the room.

     "Where's Vanya?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

     "Oh, she's gone," Klaus said strumming the electric guitar in his hands.

     "That's unfortunate," Five said in a monotone voice.

     "Yeah," Ivy muttered.

     "An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, nineteen bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee," Five said slamming the coffee maker onto the table.

     "Dad hated caffeine," Ivy said sitting.

     "Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us," Klaus said in a chipper tone. He laughed, then noticed they weren't amused.

     "I'm taking the car," Five said turning away.

     "Where are you going?" Klaus asked standing up.

     "To get a decent cup of coffee," Five snapped.

     "I'll go with you," Ivy offered.

     "I'll be okay," Five said. He space jumped out of the room, Klaus stepping to where he once was.

     "I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also just kinda want to see what happens," Klaus said turning to Ivy. The engine revved up outside, the two looking that way.

     "I know where he's going, I'm gonna follow him," Ivy said walking to the stairs. She walked past Allison and Diego, the two glancing at her. Ivy walked out to their other car, climbing into the drivers seat. She realized she hadn't driven in months, which also meant she still didn't have her license. She sighed, turning on the car and driving out.

          *****

     Ivy stepped out of the car as she had parked next to Five. She looked up at the doughnut shop, remembering it vividly from her childhood. Griddy's. She walked inside, the bell ringing. She walked up and sat next to Five. He looked over, furrowing his eyebrows at her presence.

     "You think I don't remember this place?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

     "Not really," Five answered.

     "If you did, I would," Ivy said looking forward. The waitress, Agnes, set a coffee in front of Five, the boy picking it up.

     "What can I get for you, dear?" she asked. "Milk? A doughnut?"

     "Green tea," Ivy answered.

     "Of course," Agnes nodded. She turned, beginning to make the tea.

     "Remember how we'd come here as kids?" Ivy asked looking over at Five. "Either just us or with everyone else?"

     "We'd eat doughnuts until we puked our guts out," Five said with a small smile.

     "Remember when Luther dared Diego to eat ten doughnuts in five minutes?" Ivy asked laughing slightly at the memory. "I've never seen him with so much food in his mouth since." The two laughed at the memory, the truck driver just staring at them confused. Agnes set the green tea in front of Ivy, the girl giving her a ten. Five settled down, then looked over at the truck driver.

     "You must know your way around the city," Five said. Ivy looked at him confused, then took her gaze to the truck driver.

     "I hope so," he answered. "I've been driving it for twenty years."

     "Good. I need an address," Five said. Ivy furrowed her eyebrows as Five whispered to the man. The truck driver nodded, writing down something on the napkin then he handed it to Five. He walked out with the eclair, Five pocketing the napkin. The door opened again, Ivy glancing back. She stood abruptly at the people walking int holding guns. Five didn't seem bothered.

     "That was fast," he said. "I thought I'd have more time before they found me."

     "Okay," a guy said pointing his gun at Five's head. Ivy looked around, an uneasy feeling in her stomach. "So let's all be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They want to talk."

     "I've got nothing to say," Five said sipping on his coffee.

     "It doesn't have to go this way. You think I want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?" the man asked with his gun still trained on Five's head.

     "Well, I wouldn't worry about that. You won't be going home," Five said looking up at him. He picked up the butter knife, Ivy jumping over the counter and hiding behind it. She heard gun fire, then looked to her right to see Five sitting there.

     "What did you do?" she asked in a whisper.

     "Let's talk about that later," he whispered back. He space jumped, now laid on the counter. "Hey, assholes!" The men began to fire at him, but Five was gone in a second. Ivy stood, walking around the counter slowly. She inched towards the gun on the ground, grabbing his gun. She ducked under a table as the men began shooting again. She looked around the corner, shooting each other them.

     She loaded the gun, aiming at two of the guys. She shot them each in the head, diving behind the counter as another one turned to her. Five choked one out with this tie, then stabbed another in the eye with a butter knife. Ivy put the gun back, standing up swiftly. Two of them aimed at her, and in a panic she torched both of them. They turned to ash, Ivy letting out a deep breath.

     Five appeared next to her, a small sigh escaping his lips. He grabbed his tie, pulling it back on. One of the men groaned, Five walking to him. He snapped his neck, standing up again. He looked to see something on the ground, picking it up to see that there was a red dot on it. 

     Right where they were. He walked to the counter, cutting his arm open. He reached in, grunting as he clutched the tracker. He held it up, then pulled his sleeve back down. He walked to Ivy, motioning for them to walk out. Ivy glanced back inside the doughnut shop as Five dropped the tracker into a puddle of water.

          *****

     Ivy shut the door to her apartment, turning to see Five sitting on the couch. She took a deep breath, walking to the chair and sitting across from Five. She took a deep breath, then looked up at him.

     "What was that all about?" Ivy asked.

     "I've decided you're the only one I can trust," Five informed her.

     "Why me?" Ivy asked furrowing her eyebrows.

     "Because you'll listen," Five said. Ivy took a deep breath, then nodded.

     "Okay," she said.

     "When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future, do you know what I found?" Five asked subtly.

     "No," Ivy answered.

     "Nothing," he finished. "Absolutely nothing." Ivy took in his words, a bit confused. "As far as I could tell, I was the last person left alive." Ivy looked down, her breath hitching in her throat. "I never figure out what killed the human race, but I did find something else. The date it happens." Ivy looked at him now, scared of his next words. "The world ends in eight days, and I have no idea how to stop it." Ivy's mouth was hung slightly open in shock as she took in his words.

     "I'll put on a pot of coffee." 

~*~

it only took four chapters but i finished episode one