T E N

based off 1.05
number five

~*~

     Luther and Ivy sat in front of Five again as he had sobered up a bit after sleeping. They were expecting Diego to come back soon from meeting with his friend. 

     "When's it supposed to happen? This apocalypse?" Luther asked leaning on his knee's. 

     "I can't give you the exact hour, but from what I could father, we have four days left," Five told him. 

     "Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther asked getting angry. 

     "It wouldn't have mattered," Five said.

     "Of course it would. We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing," Luther said getting angrier. 

     "For the record, you already tried," Five said, his voice beginning to get softer. 

     "What do you mean?" Luther asked confused. Five hesitated, hating to say the next words. 

     "I found all of you. Your bodies," Five confessed. Ivy looked at him, noticing the distress on his face. She took his hand, lacing her fingers with his. Five smiled lightly at her as Ivy rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand. 

     "We die?" Luther asked. Five remembered that moment again, shutting his eyes as he could see Ivy on the ground and him sobbing over her body. 

     "Horribly," he admitted. "You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

     "Wait, how do you know that?" Luther asked processing Five's words still. The boy pulled out a piece of cloth, then pulled the glass eyeball out of it. 

     "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you," Five said. He tossed it to Luther, the older one catching it easily. "Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down." 

     "Whose head? " Luther asked. 

     "Like I said, I don't know," Five said with a frown. 

     "Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try-" 

     "No, that's a dead end," Five interrupted him. "It's just another hunk of glass." Luther handed the eye back, Five pocketing it in the cloth again. The door swung up, Diego walking into the room swiftly. 

     "Piece of shit," he said running down the stairs. "Do you have any idea what you just did?" Luther grabbed Diego before he could get to Five. "Nope, let me- Get your ape hands off of me!" 

     "I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down," Luther said holding Diego off the ground. Diego took a second, then huffed in defeat.

     "Fine," Diego said. Luther put him down, Diego taking a deep breath to regain balance. 

     "Now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?" Luther asked raising an eyebrow. 

     "Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him. And so was she!" Diego said pointing between Five and Ivy. 

     "None of which is any of your concern. And Ivy wasn't supposed to get involved in any of this, it's my fault." 

     "It is now. They just killed my friend," Diego said still panting in anger.