E L E V E N

based off 1.05
number five

~*~

     After confirming that no one was at the house besides Grace and Pogo, Luther opted for them to go there instead just in case Diego came back even angrier. Five had gone up to his room and immediately started working on calculations. 

    "Woah, what's up, Beautiful Mind?" Ivy asked as she and Luther walked into Five's room to see he had written on every single wall. 

     "Okay, I think I've got something, Ives. It's tenuous, but promising." 

     "What is all this?" Ivy asked looking around the room. 

     "It's a probability map," Five answered still writing. 

     "Probability of what?" Ivy asked furrowing her eyebrows. 

     "Of whose death could save the world. I've narrowed it down to four," Five said putting a dash next to each of their names. 

     "Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asked slowly. 

     "No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it," Five said glancing at the two. 

     "Oh," Luther responded quietly. "I'm not following."

     "Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect. So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the time line, wherever they may be, and kill them," Five said motioning to his work. He jumped down from the bed, Luther walking around it to get a better look at the names. 

     "Milton Greene. So who's he, a terrorist or something?" Luther asked nonchalantly. 

     "I believe he is a gardener," Five said scribbling in Vanya's book. Luther looked at him quickly, eyes widening. 

     "Why am I not surprised?" Ivy muttered to herself. 

     "You can't be serious. Wait, this is madness, Five. You-" Luther paused as Five pulled out a gun case from under his bed. "Wh-Where'd you get that?" 

     "In Dad's room. I think he used it to shoot a rhinoceros," Five said unzipping the case and pulling the gun out. "It's similar to the model I used at work. Nice shoulder fit and highly reliable." 

     "But you can't. This guy Milton is just an innocent man," Luther argued with Five. 

     "It's basic math. His death could potentially save the lives of billions. If I did nothing, he'd be dead in four days anyway. The apocalypse won't spare anyone," Five said glaring up at his brother. 

     "We don't do this kind of thing," Luther said in an offended tone. 

     "We are not doing anything. I am," Five spat at Luther. 

     "I can't let you go and kill innocent people. No matter how many lives you'll save," Luther said as Five turned away. 

     "Well, good luck stopping me," Five said loading the gun. Luther grabbed the glass of water on the table, throwing it at Ivy. She spit out the water, wiping it off her eyes.  

     "You're not going anywhere," Luther said. He grabbed Ivy by her neck and held her out the window. Five turned, aiming the gun at Luther promptly.

     "Put her down," Five demanded with the gun still trained on Luther. 

     "Put the gun down. You're not killing anyone. I know she's important to you, so don't make me do this," Luther said with a frown.