T W E N T Y - O N E

based off 1.10
the white violin

~*~

     The group was now back in their lane, minus Five of course. Ivy was pacing now, wondering what the Handler could want with Five at this very moment that he had to leave. 

     "All right, where's Five?" Luther asked walking up with Allison. 

     "He left," Diego answered. 

     "Oh, for the love of - Where'd he go?" Luther asked. 

     "Didn't tell us," Ivy responded. 

     "Well, we're not waiting around for him. The concert starts in thirty minutes," Luther stated with a small nod. 

     "All right, so what's the plan?" Diego asked turning to Luther. 

     "Well, I think that, uh..." Luther trailed off, Ivy quickly realizing he didn't have a plan. "We go to the Icarus Theater." 

     "That's a location, not a plan," Ivy said placing her hands on her hips. 

     "What? Is that all you got?" Diego asked stepping to Luther. "Look, you wanna be Number One, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now, we're all over the place." 

     "You're right. We need a plan," Luther stated. Klaus and Diego looked to the front door seeing men in black and red masks with guns walking into the building. They began shooting, everyone now fully aware of them. "Get down!" Ivy dove behind one of the bowling ball racks with Klaus and Allison as Luther was with Diego. 

     "Who the hell are these guys?!" Diego shouted over the gunfire. 

     "Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!" Klaus responded putting his hands over his ears. One of the bowling balls was shot off the rack, Ivy nearly jumping out of her skin. 

     "No, I'm pretty sure they're here for us!" she shouted back to Klaus. Diego stood, throwing a knife at one of the men. He fell back hitting the stereo and turning out the lights. Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers began playing as the people were still shooting. Ivy crept to another one of the bowling ball racks as Luther was throwing bowling balls at the people while Diego was throwing knives. Klaus grabbed Kenny's birthday cake and threw it at one of them. Ivy stood, extending her hand and shooting fire at two of them. They burnt to ash in seconds, Ivy crouching back down again. 

     "They're blocking the exit!" Klaus shouted. 

     "So, what's the plan now, Luther?!" Diego yelled. Allison hit Klaus's side, pointing to the lanes. Luther noticed, taking his gaze to them. 

     "The lanes! Let's go!" Luther yelled. They each ran down a lane, diving into the pins. They ran to the back exit, sprinting away from the scene. 

          *****

     The family ran through the Icarus Theater as the melody was already playing from inside. Allison stopped Luther, holding up the notepad. 

     I need to go alone. 

     "Wha-Allison, I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning," Luther said softly. 

     "You hear the music? It's started," Diego snapped. 

     "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?" Luther asked. 

     "We don't have time for this," Klaus sighed out. 

     "Allison goes, but I go with her. She won't be alone," Ivy said stepping next to Allison. Her sister looked a her, giving her a small nod. The two turned, running into the theater. They slowly walked in upon hearing the violin, only to see it was Vanya on stage playing. Ivy motioned for Allison to go down one row while she went down another. They each walked slowly at the music, Vanya not noticing either of them yet. Finally, Vanya looked over and noticed Allison first. She gave her a small smile, then looked to Ivy. The girl put her hands behind her back, giving Vanya a small nod. Vanya only smiled in response to acknowledge her.