T H I R T E E N

based off 1.07
the day that was

~*~

     "Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned. 

     "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked looking up at Five. He chugged the rest of the coffee, then threw it across the room. 

     "I don't know... yet," Five said shoving his hands in his pockets. "But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now." 

     "How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked. 

     "I don't know," Five answered. 

     "Wait, so you just know his name?" Diego asked stepping forward. "That's it." 

     "That's enough," Five argued. 

     "There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city," Diego said, not being completely wrong. 

     "Well, we better just start looking, then," Five said looking between them. 

     "I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Allison asked confused. Five grunted, glancing at his side. Ivy took her gaze to him, concern beginning to flood her mind. 

     "Harold Jenkins," Five said tilting his head at her. "You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" 

    "Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus said sarcastically. 

     "Yeah, the ones that attacked while you were getting drunk," Diego said looking at Five. 

     "Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth." 

     "The Temps what?" Allison asked. 

     "My former employer," Five informed her. 

     "I thought-" 

     "No," Five said interrupting Ivy. She furrowed her eyebrows at him as Five shook his head at her. "They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So, I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse." The three in front of Five took a second before all firing questions at Five. 

     "My skin is on fire," Klaus whispered to no one. As Allison and Luther kept talking, Five grabbed his side again. 

     "Are you okay?" Ivy asked looking at him concerned. 

     "I'm fine," he said with a small nod. 

     "Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison finally asked over all the talking. 

     "You know what else is insane? I look like a thirteen year old boy," Five said pointing to himself. "Klaus talks to the dead, Ivy can shoot fire out of her hands, and Luther think she's fooling everybody with that overcoat." Luther looked around, Allison shrugging at him as Five had a point. "Everything about us is insane. It always has been." 

     "He's got a point there," Klaus agreed. 

    "We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway," Five said beginning to look away.