S I X T E E N

based off 1.08
i heard a rumor

usually i don't do trigger warnings
but imma put a trigger warning

so if you're sensitive to throat cutting
and drowning
i would skip this chapter
i'll put a brief recap in the next one if you need it

~*~

     Ivy lightly knocked on Five's door, causing it to open just a bit. He fully opened to to reveal he was now in his uniform with his hair more kept now. He looked at Ivy for a moment, then turned and walked back into the room. 

     "Oh, come on. You can't be that mad at me," she said following him. 

     "I can," he said tying this tie. 

    "It was a long time ago and a lot was happening. You don't have the full story, Five," Ivy said from behind him. 

     "I don't need to hear it," Five said as he kept his gaze on the tie in the mirror. 

    "But you do," Ivy said stepping to him. "You can't just shut me out. You always do this and it never ends well." Five looked a her, Ivy straightening up her posture under his gaze. 

     "Fine," Five sighed. "Go." 

    "Dad had already put me through all his new tests. Which meant that all my senses were heightened. Then, he stopped my aging which is what sent me over the edge. I could hear too much, see too far, smell everything, taste and feel things to an infinite extent. Then I'd learned I would have to live with that torture for the rest of my life. My life that can never end unless I'm murdered, or..." 

    "You kill yourself," Five finished for her. Ivy nodded slowly as Five seemed horrified. 

     "And to top it all off, I was still dealing with the loss of one of my favorite people," she said with a small nod. Five looked down as he realized she was now talking about him. He couldn't help but feel guilty for her pain. "Don't blame yourself or feel guilty about it, Five. You just deserved an explanation." 

    "Right," Five nodded slowly. "I wasn't here." 

     "Five," Ivy said tilting her head at him. He tried to walk away, but Ivy turned and grabbed him. Without hesitation, he kissed her. Ivy didn't see it coming, but she slowly returned it. Seconds later, Five pulled away from her. He leaned his forehead against Ivy's, pecking her lips one more time. 

     "Two days," he said. He stepped away, walking towards Klaus's room. Ivy was left standing in his room, knowing their time was limited. Why did it always have to be her? Why did it always have to be them

          *****

     Five and Klaus walked out of Klaus's room to see Diego running down the hallway and pulling off his jacket. 

     "Where have you been?" Five asked raising an eyebrow at Diego. 

    "Jail," he answered. "Long story. Where's Luther?" 

     "Haven't seen him since breakfast," Five answered peering into Diego's room. 

    "Yeah. Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid," Klaus said as Diego walked out with his knife harness. 

    "Shit," he grunted. "Allison is in danger." 

    "You didn't mention that when you guys left," Ivy said walking up behind Five.