S E V E N T E E N

based off 1.09
changes

~*~

     The car came to a screeching halt in front of the Academy, Luther and Diego jumping out first with Allison's body. Ivy had gone back under due to how cold her body was so she was still in critical condition. Klaus and Five carried her upstairs as well, Grace working on Allison first.

     "She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx," Grace said keeping a rag to Allison's throat. "One of you will need to give blood." 

     "I will," the boys all said at the same time. 

     "I'm doing it," Luther said stepping next to Grace. 

     "I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy," Pogo said from the foot of the bed. "Your blood is more compatible with mine." 

     "Hey, don't sweat it. I-I got this, big guy," Klaus said patting Luther's shoulder and stepping next to Grace. "I love needles." 

     "Master Klaus." They all looked to Pogo again. "Your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted." 

     "Move," Diego said stepping in front of Klaus. 

     "Yeah, go on," Klaus said stepping back. 

     "I'll do it," Diego offered. Grace pulled up the needle, Diego taking one look at it and fainting. 

    "Whoa! No!" Klaus said as Diego fell. Pogo smiled, nodding at Grace. 

    "Stick him," he stated. 

     "A-And what about Ivy?" Five asked looking to Ivy's unconscious and pale state. 

     "I'm afraid we'll need to heat her body up in order to, in this case, save her life," Pogo said looking at Five. "And since her regular body temperature is over two hundred degrees normally, the circumstances of heating her back up will take a while." 

     "Well, then how do we do it quickly? Throw her in the fire place?" Five asked sarcastically. Pogo didn't answer, but his face answered it all. "We have to throw her into the fire place." 

     "No, no!" Klaus protested stepping around the table. "We are not going to throw out sister into the fire place." 

     "Sadly, Master Klaus, that is the only way," Pogo said with a frown. 

     "What if she dies? Again?" Klaus asked raising an eyebrow. 

     "I can assure you that no harm will come to Miss Ivy. Her body can sustain temperatures and burns up to a thousand degree's thanks to your father's experiments," Pogo said looking to the unconscious and water logged girl. 

     "We have pops to thank for this?" Klaus scoffed. 

     "Luther, pick her up," Five said. Luther obeyed, beginning to carry her downstairs. As Grace stayed upstairs and worked with Diego and Allison, the rest of the group went down to the library where the fire was running. "Are we sure about this, Pogo?" 

     "No, but we must try," Pogo said with a small nod. Klaus pulled back the vent, Luther bending down to the fire. He set Ivy's body inside, everyone taking small steps back. Her skin didn't burn at all, and she sure as hell wasn't melting. Instead, it looked like she was glowing. Brighter than ever. 

     They all covered their eyes, turning away from the scene. The fire and Ivy grew brighter, and soon they heard a blaze. They turned to look at the fire place again to see Ivy on her stomach in front of them. She had ash on her face from the coal and she was coughing up a bit of water. She pushed herself up off her knee's and onto her feet. She looked between them at all their eyes widened. 

     "What?" she asked looking between them. 

     "You... Your hair is red," Klaus said pointing to Ivy. She looked to her hair, and sure enough, instead of it's fiery orange, it was now a bright blazing red. She gasped, hating it immediately. 

     "Ah! No! I don't want that!" she exclaimed. She hit her hair a few times as if she was putting out a fire. Slowly, the red went away and it changed back to it's regular orange and red color. She looked between them, then the realization hit her. "Allison? Where's Allison?" 

     "She's upstairs. Mom's working on it," Klaus said pointing behind him. "And Diego passed out at the sight of a needle." 

     "And I didn't get to see it?" Ivy asked in a pouting tone. 

     "Yeah, that's Ivy," Luther sighed. 

     "Master Ivy, I suggest that you rest for a little while. Maybe stay in front of the fire place to keep yourself heated," Pogo said turning to Ivy. 

     "Uh, yeah. Sure," Ivy said. She sat on one of the couches, Five's eyes carefully following her. 

     "I'm going to go check up on Allison," Luther said walking upstairs. Klaus sighed, sitting across from Ivy. Diego walked into the room and Pogo left. 

     "The bastard that nearly killed our sisters is still out there, with Vanya," Diego said beginning to pace. Ivy looked up, trying to decide whether or not to tell them if it was Vanya that did that to Allison. "We need to go after her."

     "Vanya is not important," Five said pacing. 

     "Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five," Diego said stopping in front of Five. 

     "I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us," Five said holding his arms up. "Harold Jenkins is our first priority." 

     "I agree. Let's go," Diego said, him and Five turning to leave. 

     "You guys count me out," Klaus said holding up a hand. They all looked at him with confused expressions. "I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just, I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so-" 

     "You're coming," Diego concluded. 

     "No, no, no. I mean, I think we can all agree that my powers, I mean, it's pretty much useless," Klaus said waving his hand around. "I'd just be holding you guys back." 

     "Dad is turning in his grave right now," Ivy said looking at Klaus. 

     "Klaus, get up," Five said annoyed. 

     "You can't make me," Klaus snapped. Diego threw a knife right in between Klaus's legs, cotton from the sofa cushions flying out. "Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt." Klaus stood quickly, beginning to pull on his shoes. 

     "I'm assuming I'm not allowed to come?" Ivy asked looking at Diego a Five. 

     "No," they said at the same time. She nodded, leaning back on the couch and laying down. Five stepped to her, kissing her forehead softly. 

     "I'm sorry, but it's to keep you safe," he told her. 

     "No, I get it," she said with a small nod. He smiled at her, the three men then leaving the room quickly. Ivy sighed turning on her side and shutting her eyes.