020: Sea Salt I

I overestimated my abilities as a second year in uni :(

I need MORE time to write now than usual.

bear with me ;;( I'll edited it better in the morning, I have to sleep for the exam tomorrow.

there's part two of this, by the way. More fluff and FEEEEEEEELSSSSS
——

Mina's dragging legs took a big, sudden pause once she felt the vibration of her phone coming from her purse. She was just a few inches close to her apartment door, but she felt the need to stop and check for her message right there.

Her heart instantly reacted to the name with the heart flashing over her screen. BaeSuho <3.

She started to think of all sorts of things together. Why was he texting her? Did he really text her? How was she going to reply? What did he say? Should she become angry? Should she anticipate it? Should she dunk her phone under the solid ground under her or smash it into tiny bits of glass? She breathed, in and out, like she was getting a panic attack, fanning her quickly burning face with her free hand. With anticipation she couldn't simply quench or deny; she unlocked the text message with quivering fingers.

'I don't regret what I did. Maybe I should have given you the ability to choose, and I realize it now, I shouldn't have taken that away from you. But I don't regret it. I didn't want you to go through what I had to go through just because you'll be bond to my love. I choose to give us a chance when I was capable of giving one, and I'd have done it again. The only thing I'm sorry about is that I took your ability to decide for yourself. I shouldn't have left you in the dark, I'm sorry.'

Mina's knees felt weak, suddenly, and she sat down right on the ground. She didn't even hold herself. She pocketed her phone in her jeans' pocket and just, sat there, the blazing light in her eyes gone away with the soft breeze mulling around her hair. What should she think about? How was she supposed to react? How was she supposed to feel? She had always thought she was overreacting her anger towards Suho, maybe because she loved him a lot to the point everything he did she was willing to forgive, no matter what. That was a big reason on why a part of her wanted to give up her brave mask and go jump into his arms, especially since he said he loved her too (or something close.)

Why was it that whenever she got something, it felt like she was getting something else ripped away in return?

She slowly rose to her legs, blinking the overwhelming emotions that single text of his bloomed in her chest away and balancing her wiggling feet on the ground. She took the remaining steps to her apartment and softly opened the door. She didn't expect to meet Kai there, since she knew his schedule, and most of the time he comes back later than she does.

"Jongin.." she murmured, taking off the red heels she was wearing - which truthfully were painful, but was also gorgeous. It automatically meant she'd bear the pain as long as the heels were steady in her feet throughout the day - and closing the door. Kai stood up from the couch he was sprawled on, fixing his ruffled brown hair and blinking his drowsiness away. Had he been waiting for her?

He gave her a puppy eyed look with a single, round and blue cupcake cupped in his rough hands, his hair flopped over his forehead half dry, his whole posture hunched over himself. Mina's heart flamed within her chest and she felt it expand upwards to her throat until she was afraid she'd have to swallow it back down.

"Mina, accept my apology." He gave her the cupcake, or stretched his arms for her to take. She lowered her eyes to the small, round and blue cupcake, sprinkled with small unicorns and rainbows. It was too cute to eat.