032: Overwhelmed

"Kyungsoo, we need to go now."

Kyungsoo heard the booming tone of her suddenly quivering voice. It was outstanding how large her voice was, but at the same time oozing some kind of weakness from her, from Mina. Her eyes were wide and locked so obnoxiously close to her phone screen— her face turning into a dark shade of blue, as if she was getting sick and she was fighting off the vomit quickly gathering in her throat. Kyungsoo just stared, awkwardly and in simple stupefaction at such a severe reaction from her. He opened and closed his mouth, every kind of thought and 'what to say' spluttering and whirling around his head. In the end, he managed to ask a question which, once again, came out of his lips sounding like a statement.

"What happened."

He winced, realizing that his attitude did not help in such a situation. Mina was scared and she looked close to breakdown. She continued to press on her phone's keypad repetitively and in a drunken haze, which was strange because she wasn't close to drunk. She didn't even smell like alcohol and Kyungsoo knew she was just terrified. Of what, he didn't know— she didn't look like she was willing (or ready) to share. Nonetheless, she tried.

"I'm... I... I don't know... but we need to go, right now." She started to walk, a sudden strength going through her previously shaky legs and urging her to walk. Her mind told her that she came with her own car, that she ought to find it and drive in it, but her legs were heading toward Kyungsoo's car unconsciously, not obeying the thought her head threw at her. A part of her knew she was in no right mental state to drive a car, not when she wad drizzled from head to toe with fear; the aching type of fear. The fear which made your head turn into a pile of mush, your legs nothing better.

She vaguely heard Kyungsoo's feet rushing behind her, but she didn't stop. She was forcefully pulled to a pause, however, when Kyungsoo went ahead and reached for her elbow, twirling her around to face him. His annoyed facial features about being semi-ignored softened when he saw her wide, vulnerability-driven eyes. He then, as if it was an afterthought, looked down at the state her body was in, and what he realized made him pause.

"Mina, you're shaking." He said, voice soft and mellow, almost completely un-Kyungsoo-like. Mina looked at her own arm which he held, her eyes falling to the tips of her fingers, her toes and her calves. He was right; she was undeniably shaking, and it wasn't the normal shake she usually faced when going through a day without breakfast or lunch. It was the type of shaking which rendered her absolutely hopeless, a shudder of exhaustion sparkling in her spine too.

Although, she didn't care about that, because nothing about her body and the changes that was occurring in it was as important as the dad she just received a text about. Absolutely nothing in this world would make her hesitate about rushing for him. She gave Kyungsoo a look, twisted the arm in his hold inward, and then snapped it away from his hold in a single jerk. Kyungsoo yelped at the fast gesture, letting her go just as quickly.

"Kyungsoo, we need to go now! Did you bring your car?"

"I—I did." Kyungsoo answered nervously, her shaking body gestures transferring over to his own body as he began to shake as well.

"Good, lets go." She was the one aiming for his arm this time, and she wrapped her fingers around his wrist, guiding him toward his supposed car. She was going to yank him out of the parking lot and search maniacally for the car with her eyes, but Kyungsoo tugged her toward the left side, the white car of his flashing as it reflected the harsh beam of the sun.

He unlocked the car and she quickly went to the passenger's seat, leaving Kyungsoo gaping at her like an absolute idiot. He shook his head out of his surprise and entered the car as well, the driver's seat. He turned the car on quickly because she looked like she'd collapse over the seat and turn it on for him if he didn't do it himself. He waited to exit the parking lot of the university's building to give her a look, pursing his heart-shaped lips into a a thin line, disclosing his true feelings: he had enough, now he wanted answers.