022: For the Food

"Hey sweetheart," Mina heard Joy call for her while she was doing her own business in the café, and she perked her ears like a dog. Omg, she called me sweetheart, her head provided, why doesn't it sound weird? "Up for a party?"

"A party?" Mina's whole face started to glow up at the mention of the party, and she beamed back at Joy happily. "For real? Where?"

"A friend of mine got invited into a party for a friend of hers and she told her she could invite anyone," Joy shrugged with a pretty smile up her face, pleased to be receiving such delighted expression from the younger girl. "So here I am trying to stuff her house with as much people as possible."

Mina's heart started to skip a dozen beats and stumbling over one another in pleasant delight, her head providing her with every kind of thoughts about what she'd do in that party. Drinking and dancing, and actually having the time of her life. Her eyes started to twinkle and her legs twitched at the promised craziness she would soon be able to face. However, her happiness was cut short because she knew how she could get in parties, so wild and free to the point of insanity, and could she really be like that around these girls? Her eyes darted toward every girl in the café who were waiting for her response, those strangers? No, she wasn't ready enough to be in a party around them. If her boys were here, she would agree in a heartbeat, but.. now.. with these girls, she wasn't ready.

".. no, sorry, I can't." She mumbled sadly, looking down at her fingers. Wow, did she say no to a party? Mina couldn't believe the words came out of her mouth!

"You serious? Why can't you?" Wendy exclaimed in surprise, because she wasn't the only one who saw that delight in her face, right? Mina looked up and unconsciously pouted at the older girl. She had been introduced to Wendy yesterday, and she was.. well, a replica of joy but less gay. "Are you like, the type of person that actually doesn't party on a school night?"

"Everyone shouldn't party on a school night, Wendy. It's called being responsible." Seulgi murmured dryly, taking a bunch of cups in a tray from the table ahead of her and settling them somewhere else.

"What? That's so boring!" Wendy exclaimed in protest, eyes wide in disbelieve because what the hell? Responsible people actually existed? Where?

"Right?" Joy exclaimed back happily, a big smile up her face. "That's what I think too."

"Fuck my life." Seulgi whispered to herself helplessly but Joy apparently heard her and returned to being the sappy girl she was – sappy and perverted.

"I'd fuck you." Joy winked and Seulgi just gave her a flat look, unamused to a default. Mina felt her awkward smile turn a bit genuine, liking Seulgi's responses to everyone's nonsense on a spiritual level. She was a bit like her, Mina decided, cynical and bitter in a way, but Joy was also a lot more like her too, with her bubbly, joyful and ecstatic personality that drew people to her. Mina realized that working with these girls would actually not be so horrible, since she could spot a few familiarities in them; even if some of the girls were a bit.. forceful toward her.

"Why aren't you coming, sweet pea?" Wendy turned around from Seulgi and Joy's whine festival (okay, Seulgi wasn't whining, it was just joy, lets be real) to shoot Mina a wink, and Mina's awkward smile returned back to her face.

Yup, a bit forceful with their excessive flirting toward her.

"Um, well.."

"She doesn't really know you guys to go to a party with you," Yeri said and when Mina turned her attention to the younger girl, Yeri beamed happily at her. Mina thought Yeri looked quite different when she wasn't crying. "That's kinda intimate, don't you think?"