055

It's the next day when Taehyung approaches his sunshine of a friend. He knew exactly where to find him, Hobi was always in one or two places; either at the dance studio or the ramen shop nearby.

As he expected though, he was indeed at the studio. Taehyung stood in the doorway waiting to be seen by his hyung.

Hoseok dancing was something Taehyung would always admire, the way he could move his body was mesmerising. It always seemed like when Hoseok is dancing that his every move called for your attention.

Jeonguk and Jimin's dancing were not comparable to Hoseok's. Not because one was better than the other. No it was simply because of the different styles they all had. Jimin's movement seemed to flow so effortlessly, almost like water itself. Jeonguk's was strong and almost direct? Taehyung didn't know how to explain it very well but he could tell the difference. And Hobi was a mixture of them. Atleast to Teahyung.

Hoseok finally seemed to come out of his trance long enough to notice Taehyung standing there.

Hoseok turned around, signature big smile on his face. "Tae!"

Taehyung grinned. "Hi hyung!" He answered with the same amount of enthusiasm.

"So what god or goddess do I have to thank for your presence?" Hoseok grinned again, grabbing his towel, quickly dabbed the sweat off of his face before putting it back.

"I'll be accepting food as thanks." Taehyung replied jokingly.

Hoseok chuckled, crossing his arms. "So what can I do for you, my dear?"

Taehyung walked through the middle of the room, straight for the small chair in the corner and sat down.

"I wanted to prove Jeonguk wrong."

Hoseok snorted and moved towards where Taehyung sat, and plopped down on the floor infront of him.

"Not quite sure how I could help with that."

"You'd be surprised hyung," Taehyung shook his head, "you see.. Gukkie seems to think that you have feelings for me," Taehyung looked at him, smiling. "Which is ridiculous 'cause you're my bestest buddy."

Hoseok's body stiffened ever so slightly at the sound of that. He definitely wasn't expecting this. 'Think Hoseok!' He told himself, he obviously didn't want to lie to him but he also didn't really want to open that particular wound. It was too fresh. Instead he just asked;

"Why does Jeonguk think that?"

Taehyung pouted and -oh god did he look adorable when he did- but this probably wasn't the best time for that.

"He seemed to be worried about the kisses?" Taehyung shrugged. "To be honest hyung, I'm not quite sure why he's worried but," Tae huffed and shook his head "I'm here so that you can deny this and I can tell Gukkie that!" He flopped his hands on his lap.

Hoseok gulped. It was now or never.

"Well you see...I can't really deny that." Hoseok replied, looking sheepish.

Taehyung looked confused, his head at an angle. "Huh?"

"Imayormaynothavelikedyou...?" Hoseok said in a rush, just wanting to get that out.

Taehyung blinked. "I didn't quite get that?"

Hoseok sighed, his shoulders sagging. "I said that I may or may not have liked you, Tae."

Those words seem to burn Hoseok's throat. He never thought the day would come where he would confess that and yet...here he was. To be honest, keeping that secret has been weighing on his conscious for a while now. Taehyung's happiness has always been his priority and that's why he never said anything. Some part of him was also being selfish, he knew once he told Tae that things would change between them. They wouldn't be as friendly and touchy and Hoseok didn't want that to disappear. Because as much as he wanted to be with Taehyung, hid friendshio with said boy was a lot more important.

"I-I don't know what to say.." Was what Taehyung finally muttered.

"You don't have to say anything."

"Yeah but I...Jeonguk?" Taehyung spluttered "I mean you and Jimin with the Taekook plan?" At this point Taehyung's voice seemed to sound more and more desperate, hoping for some clarity.

Hoseok sighed "Tae...Jeonguk was right to be worried. I have feelings for you but!" Hobi's arms flailed in order to stop Taehyung from interrupting. "I never was going to say anything, mostly because you weren't going to return it but also because you were so happy with Jeonguk. And I would never come between that."

Taehyung just sat there, processing all of this information. He was shocked. This was definitely not what he expected this to go. He thought it was going to be easy, but instead...it was this. He felt horrible, his entire body consumed with guilt. To think that his hyung has been harbouring these feelings for him and him not even knowing! He couldn't be that oblivious right?

"For how long?" Tae asked, trying his best to keep eye contact with Hoseok.

"I'm not sure. I think it started around our second kiss?" Hoseok laughed, scratching his head.

Taehyung's body filled with dread at hearing Hoseok laugh. It wasn't his usual bright laughter. No, this one was empty. He didn't like that one bit.

"Why did you never tell me?"

"Tae..how could I? I was always so afraid of rejection and you not wanting to be my friend after that."

"I would never!" Taehyung interjected.

Hoseok smiled sadly. "Maybe."

"But why me?" Taehyung replied, distraught.

"It's simple really, you're you. You're so loving to everyone around you, you're passionate and good. You just light up an entire room when you walk in. You're just what's good in the world, Tae." He breathed in. "You deserve everything, Tae. And if Jeonguk makes you happy...then I'm happy for you."

Taehyung sniffed, his eyes started to water. He didn't want to cry, not here, not now. Before he could second guess himself, he threw himself at Hoseok. Both their bodies flopped on the ground, Hoseok let a huff at the weight of his body. Taehyung clung to Hoseok.

"I'm sorry, hyung." He mumbled into his neck. The tears were so close to spilling.

Hoseok stroked Taehyung's hair, not knowing if this would be the last time he could do that. He smiled, no real emotion in the smile.

"No need, Tae. I could never regret loving you." He said, hugging Tae closer to his body, cherishing the feeling of having his friend so close.

All that could have been heard from anyone listening in the conversation from outside was a sob.

Be it from Taehyung or Hoseok, no one would know expect for them.

It was a moment neither of them would ever forget.