Chapter two

It was our last night in Miami and I had decided I was going to let loose and choke down as many free drinks as I could get my hands on. The taste of alcohol was one that I wasn't very fond of but tonight I didn't care. One last hurrah with all of my friends before I was locked down for life.

My fiancé, Trevor, was one of the best things to ever happen to me. We met two years ago while I was doing a job for the school he teaches at. I'm an interior designer, so my work takes me everywhere. Houses, doctors offices, and sometimes classrooms. Well, libraries in this case.

The school wanted a new study friendly area that encouraged students to come in, relax and read a book and generally just get the most out of their overall time spent in the library. Trevor had come in one day to return some books he had found in his classroom. He mistook me for the new librarian and tried returning the books to me. I, being an awkward individual that wanted to avoid an even more awkward situation, could see how nervous he was and just went along with it. He continued to come in almost everyday over the next week to return these mysterious books that kept popping up in his classroom.

Eventually, I finally got the nerve to tell him that I was actually the new designer for the library and not the new librarian. Turns out, however, that he already knew that and was just trying to see how many times I would go along with it. He was charming and extremely handsome. His chocolate-brown hair had a slight curl and was grown out just enough to graze the top of his forehead. His eyes were an intense hazel shade hidden behind a dark rimmed pair of glasses. They would light up when he talked about his students and how much he loved teaching them.

He asked me to lunch and after a trip to the schools cafeteria, we walked with our blue lunch trays in hand, back to his classroom to eat. It wasn't at all what I had expected when he asked me for lunch, but it was silly and perfect. He asked me out on a proper date and the rest is history. Now, we were getting married in two months and I was celebrating the end of an era, with all my closest girlfriends. Goodbye Miss Hart, hello Mrs. Grey.

The week we had been here went by fairly quickly and we enjoyed our days sunning by the beach, sipping on cold drinks and having photo shoots in our hotel room to add to the memory book. I was the first one to be getting married and we went all out for it. Hotel on the beach, matching pjs, endless chocolate and bottomless wine glasses.

Since it was the last night however, we decided that it was time to go big and then go home and that meant we were going to the club. Everyone knew that I wasn't big on clubbing and I wasn't exactly the party girl type. Not anymore anyway. I partied enough for all of us when I first moved to LA when I was 18. I drank, did coke, went home with random people. The whole nine. I actually had a problem with the coke and it went as far as me being sent to the hospital for a suspected overdose.

That's when my family and friends had to finally tell me that enough was enough. However, I didn't need anyone to tell me anything at that point. Seeing that look on my mom's face when I woke up was all that I needed to go to rehab. I never wanted to see that look again. 60 days in a nice facility in Napa and I've been clean ever since. I drink occasionally and my most of my friends smoke weed, so sometimes I will smoke with them but other than that I'm pretty straight edge. This night however, I decided I was going to let myself really let loose and have a good time.

My friends and I spent hours getting ready and pre-gaming for the night ahead of us. Chris was a professional makeup artist so he was in charge of doing our hair and makeup while Marissa passed out the shots. Kendall spent most of the time getting ready, laying in the bed of our suite watching videos of BTS and all of their greatest moments, exclaiming now and then about how cute they were and something about dying for them. She had recently discovered them and was head over heels in love. I think she was already pretty tipsy.