Chapter twelve

"Do you think your dad is going to bring his gun to scare baby daddy like he did the first time he met me?" Trevor's looks at me briefly as he asks, then redirecting his attention back on to the road as we pull into the busy airport terminal.

I scoffed and slapped him playfully on the leg. "You make him sound like a criminal or something. You met him in Georgia when he was at his own home, cleaning his guns. Not just randomly out in public where he whipped it out and threatened you." My eyes were watering from laughing so hard.

"Whatever. He probably has that thing on him at all times. Just watching and waiting for someone to hurt one of his girls. Then he gets 'em." He motioned his hands like little guns shooting. "Good thing I don't have to worry about that since we're getting married and I'm taking you off his hands. Man, what a win for him, loss for me. You're a lot to handle." He shook his head as he spoke and I gave him a look that made him reconsider his life.

"Just kidding honey, I love you." He placed his hand over my leg and spoke in a sarcastically frightened tone. I smiled a tight smile and placed my hand over his.

He pulled to the curb of the pick up areas and I said as sweetly as I could manage, "Oh, Trevor, my love. I know how to shoot a gun too. I learned from the best. Remember that." I patted his hand and then jumped out of the car to greet my waiting parents.

My mother's golden locks were pulled back into a low bun, exposing her beautiful face that so closely resembled my sisters. Nikki had always been our mothers little twin, while I took on an even mixture of the both of our parents. I had my mother's light eyes and my father's dark hair.

She turned and noticed me as I excitedly made my way over to them. "Oh! David look! It's our big baby!" Her sweet southern accent was as thick as honey. She wrapped me up into her arms and I took in the familiar scent of her Chanel perfume. 

"Hi momma." I squeezed her tightly and then turned to embrace my father. "Hi daddy." My father held me tightly, lifting me slightly off the ground as he hugged me back.

"Well, hi there dumplin'. Lord, it's been way too long since I've seen ya. You look like you've growed about a whole foot." He pulled me back and looked down at me giving me a wink causing me to giggle and roll my eyes.

"Hardly a foot, old man. It's more like six inches and it's the shoes, dad, I stopped growing years ago." I stuck my foot out showing off the high heels. Earning a compliment from my mother.

"Ooh I'm gonna have to get me a pair of them! Those are so cute, Angela." She bent to inspect the heels further and I caught Trevor and my father exchanging a look. "Where'd you get them? I'm gonna order me a pair tonight? David give me your debit card." She pulled her phone out and reach her hand towards my straight faced father.

"Buddy, let me tell ya, I sure am glad I suckered you into marryin' this 'en and I don't gotta support her shoe habits no more." My dad chuckled and handed my mother his wallet earning him a swift kiss on the cheek. "Oh David honey, it's okay I'll make sure to make up for the loss of hers." She gave me a wink and we loaded up into the car.

We had almost reach the luxe Malibu mansion when my mother started to grill me on why we were having dinner here. "How come we aren't just meetin' this fella out at a nice restaurant or somethin'? That's what we did with Trevor." My mothers curiosity starting to make me nervous.

"He's pretty well known around here momma. He doesn't want to have a bunch of attention on us at dinner when he's meeting y'all for the first time." I answered cooly, hoping that would satisfy her questions. I laughed at myself. Yea right, she wasn't gonna stop until she knew what his blood type was.