Chapter five

"Who's ready for mimosaaaaas!?" My friend Marissa's voice rang out as she walked through my front door holding two bottles of champagne high above her head. She kicked off her shoes and walked over to the couch flopping down between Trevor and myself.

"Oooh me girl!" Trevor responded in his best feminine tone and reach for a bottle earning him a dagger look from Riss. "Don't you even dare Trevor. The last time we let you touch a bottle it ended up all over the floor and I had to clean up a mess and I didn't have any alcohol." She jerked the bottle out of his reach and guarded them behind her.

"Fine. I didn't want any anyway. That was just a trick. I have a meeting to go to and I needed to see if you would let me drive under the influence. You pass, for now." He stood from the couch and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You girls have a good time, I've never met anyone that likes to get drunk in the middle of a Wednesday as much as you all do but whatever floats your boat." He shrugs and grabs his keys heading for the door.

"It's the only way we can keep sane having to spend time around you so often." I joke. He narrows his eyes at me, "I'll remember that the next time you're clingy and want me to rub your back." He walks over again and kisses me swiftly on the mouth. "I love you. I'll see you tonight."
"Love you too honey" Marissa replies and takes a swig from one of the already open bottles.

I roll my eyes and laugh, "I love you, be careful." He gives me one of his million dollar smiles. "I'm always careful. He opens the door and Kendall walks in, two jugs of orange juice in her arms. "Comin' through. Beep beep motherfucker." She maneuvers around Trevor as he tries to leave. "Ooh Kendall give me some orange juice, please. These savages are making me go without." She slides past him without a second thought. "Not happening dude. You ruined mimosa Wednesday last week."

"Are you guys really gonna hold that over my head for the rest of my life?" He gives us a look of disbelief. "I'm going to hold it over your head in the after life too. I had three deadlines last week and the only thing getting me through was the promise of a refreshing drink. You managed to drop not only the entire bottle of champagne onto my laptop, but the entire gallon of orange juice off of the counter and onto Nikki's shoes." She lays down onto the opposite side of the sectional, gesturing wildly as she speaks.

"Sorry babe, you're banned from the house on Wednesday's. We took a vote." I give him a shrug and smile. He sighs and grabs his wallet from the entryway table. "I really need to make some of my own friends. Then we can gang up on all of you." We all laugh as he shuts the door shouting different versions of "Good luck!"

I grab the champagne glasses from the kitchen and make my way back to my friends in the living room. "Where the hell is Nikki?" Marissa asks then takes another drink from the bottle before taking the glass that I offer to her. "Pffft. You act surprised. Nikki will be late to the birth of her own children." Kendall laughs and reaches for her glass.

Almost as soon as she finishes her statement the front door swings open and in comes Nikki with two large takeout bags. "I hate LA traffic. It's the absolute worst. How can it be this bad literally all the time?" She walks over sitting the bags onto the coffee table before plopping down next to me on the couch. We all give each other a knowing look and she catches us. "What?"

We start to laugh and I pour her a glass of orange juice and hand it to her. "You're trying to pretend that you're late because of traffic and not because you are just perpetually late for life in general." I smile at her and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Well I'm here and I brought you bitches food so shut up and eat." She grabs herself a box and opens it. Kendall rolls off of the couch and crawls to the table sitting cross legged in front of the food. "I love sushi, yes I do, I love sushi how about you?" She dances as she starts to eat the California roll on her plate.