Chapter seven

Chapter seven:

I wasn't really sure why I even asked for Louis when I had called Harry's phone earlier. After I had spent five minutes explaining myself to Harry that it was Angela calling, not Kendall, and answering thirty questions on if she was alright, it was just the first thing that came out of my mouth.

When I heard him speak I almost hung up the phone. I almost hung it up, threw it in the pool and pretended the whole thing was some freak accident and was going to promise Kendall a new phone. But, then I thought of my terrified baby sister waiting in the house and how everything that I was doing was for her and her unborn child.

I still contemplated throwing the phone.

There was just something about him and his voice that compelled me to follow through with the conversation. His voice sent a calming sensation through me, taking me back to that night in Miami when he was so sweet about finding my sister with me. I realize now how insane I probably sounded at the time but he was so patient with me. Assuring me the whole time that he would be the same way for any of his siblings. He was also the eldest and felt a need to protect them at all costs.

For the six minutes that the phone call lasted, the guilt that weighed heavy in my stomach for nearly three months felt lighter, almost non-existent and was replaced with a flutter like sensation.

Butterflies. He gave me butterflies.

I sighed heavily to myself as I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, grabbing my toothbrush from its place and wetting it. I stood silently as I brushed my teeth, the aforementioned pit having retaken its place deep within me. Stupid stupid stupid.

My self-demeaning thoughts were  interrupted by arms wrapping around my waist from behind as my fiancé entered the bathroom, resting his head onto my shoulder and kissing the side of my neck.

"Hello there, beautiful." He greeted me sweetly and I nuzzled my head into his before he grabbed his own brush and placed a dollop of toothpaste onto it. "On a scale of 1-10 how drunk are you right now?" He smiles at me, the foam from the toothpaste coating his mouth.

"Probably like a point five." I spit and wet my toothbrush again before continuing, "We didn't really drink too late, so the effects of the alcohol are long gone." I smile at the messy way he brushes his teeth letting the foam spill out all around his mouth.

"What?" He asks, causing the mess around his mouth to worsen and me to giggle a little.

"I bet the third graders you teach are neater about brushing their teeth than you are." I playfully poke him in the stomach and he spits into the sink before turning to look at me with narrowed eyes.

"Oh yea? You think I'm messy? It would be a shame if.." he doesn't finish speaking before he grabs me up and starts wiping his face all over mine causing the minty paste to transfer from his face to mine. I squeal and try to fight my way out of his grip but his strong arms tighten around me and hold me in place as he kisses all over my face.

"Trevor! Let me go! Noooo!" I laugh and scream out, pushing at his chest until he's laughing maniacally. Eventually I give up and just laugh kissing him back, both of our faces covered in the goopy mess.

He lets me go and rinses his toothbrush off placing it back into its holder. "Jesus, Angela. You're so messy. Can't you try to keep the toothpaste in your mouth?" He smirks at me and leans forward, rinsing the drying paste from his face.

I glare at him before turning to rinse my own face. "You're gonna pay for that one, mister"

"Mister? Really?" He cocks his head to the side, smiling at me with his perfect white teeth.