Chapter fourteen

The moon hung over us as we left the studio building and walked over to my car. The last few hours had been so much fun. Louis finished up on the parts of the songs he had to work on for the day and he and Julian started brainstorming an idea for a new song as we ate our ordered Chinese food. Watching him work was something else.

The way he could just rattle off the next lyric to a song and it not sound generic or overused was impressive. They tried to get me to join in at one point and we all learned that I am really bad at song writing on the spot. They had a really nice rhythm going and when it got to me, I spouted out some random words because I was so nervous and we all laughed hysterically.

"Next hit single" Louis had choked out between laughs. Julian was super sweet and had a lovely sense of humor. He took what I came up with and wrote a little jingle with it. They told me that's how they wrote one of the songs from one of their albums. They were singing about KFC and turned it into a hit.

Louis had insisted that he call an Uber instead of me driving him all the way home. I put up a fight but really I was glad I didn't have to make the drive all the way to Malibu and back. He walked me to my car and we said our goodbyes. He made me promise I would text him as soon as I made it home and that's what I did as soon as I parked in my driveway.

*Hey, I made it home. Just so you know.*

*Louis: Good. Thanks for letting me know. And thanks for hanging out with me today. I had a lot of fun. :)*

*Of course, thank you for making me have some fun. I needed it. :)*

*Louis: Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You're welcome to tag along with me anytime, love. I should probably let you head to bed now. Tell Trevor I'm sorry for keeping you out so late.*

*Yea, I'm pretty tired. I hope you sleep well, Louis. Goodnight.*

*Louis: Sweet dreams, darling.*

I opened my car door and headed in through the garage door. The lights were all turned off, the tv was the only thing illuminating the space. I walked over to the couch where I expected to find Trevor, fast asleep slumped over some papers but he wasn't there. I switched off the tv and headed up to our bedroom. The lights were off and I was met with a trail of red rose petals leading from the doorway into the bathroom.

Candles were lit on several surfaces across the bedrooms I followed the rose petals and opened the door to the bathroom. More candles illuminated the room and the scent of lavender was heavy in the air. I looked where the petals led over to the tub and I found my soon to be husband. A smile spread across my face and I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Oh my gosh, babe. What are you doing? This is so sweet." I walked over to the tub and leaned in giving him a soft kiss. "Well, I missed you today and I wanted to do something to show you how much I loved you." I couldn't shake the smile from my face as I took in the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in a tray beside of him.

"Well, don't just stand there. Get in with me." The shadow of the flames danced around the room and across his smiling face as I peeled out of my clothes and he helped me step into the tub. I lowered myself into the hot water and nestled myself in between his legs and leaned back, resting my head onto his chest.

"Wait, how long have you been in this tub?  How is the water still so warm?" I turned to look at him slightly. "You texted me when you were leaving and I just estimated. Plus you always take forever to come inside." He picked up a strawberry from the tray and brought it to my mouth. I took a bite, savoring the sweet mixture.

"Okay then, how did I get so lucky?" I ran my hands up and down his legs, a loving gesture. "Hmm.. I'm not sure. Probably the same way that I did." "How's that exactly?" I questioned. He grabbed a loofah and lathered it in body wash before rubbing it over my breasts. "Nobody rose wanted us." I laughed and splashed some water back at him.