Chapter thirteen

A few weeks had passed since the dinner at the boys' house. My sister and Niall had been practically inseparable, only leaving each other to work. She had fallen hard and fast for the Irishman and I couldn't really say that I blamed her. Not only was she pregnant with his child and I'm sure that created some sort of unspoken bond but he really was a sweet guy.

He got along well with our parents, he was funny and he seemed to be a genuine person, always putting her needs above his own. If you asked me to pick someone to care for my little sister, I couldn't find anyone better. The rest of the guys were super incredible as well. They were all extremely close and it was admirable to see the way they all cared for one another. They referred to each other as brothers and they were exactly that.

Nikki and Niall had told his family that she was pregnant about a week after they had told mine. They were all super supportive and Niall's mom flew in almost immediately to meet her and the rest of our family. She is a lovely woman and her and my mother were going to be the best of friends.

A little bit of an unexpected turn was when the boys, Louis specifically, started to invite Trevor to do all kinds of things with them. They were hanging out pretty much every single evening after work, always getting into something new. They went go-karting, played football, watched movies and just about anything else that they could get away with.

Trevor had even stayed the night at their house several times after they had stayed up way too late drinking beer and watching sports. They embraced him just as if he was one of their own. It made me anxious for the first couple of times but Niall had had a conversation with me privately and assured me that none of them had any intentions of ever hurting us. They genuinely just enjoyed each other's company and Trevor was 'so fucking cool'.

I couldn't help but laugh at Trevor's reaction if he would have heard him calling him cool. He really liked them too and was extremely happy to have more friends to hang out with. Not that he didn't have any before, but most of his friends either lived far away or were super busy. That's why most of the time he was stuck hanging out with me and the girls but that never really worked out in his favor because it was usually four against one when it came to decisions on what to do.

I was glad that Niall and I had had our little chat because I honestly didn't have time to worry about that bomb going off when I had literally less than two weeks to finish planning this wedding. I still had lists to go over and dress fittings and meetings with caterers, florists and the venue people. It was the most hectic time of this whole shin-dig and I really needed to focus.

Trevor wasn't much help when it came to planning the wedding because if it were up to him, we would've just went to the courthouse, signed some papers and ran off to Bora bora for our honeymoon. At this point, that seemed very tempting. The amount of money and effort that I'd put into this wedding however, said otherwise.

My mother was a saving grace when it came to the planning process. She did it all with so much ease and had the perfect vision. I assume because she had probably been planning it since she found out she was pregnant with me. She had flown in several times to help me and I was eternally grateful. I needed all of the help I could get. Especially since my brain hadn't really been in the right place recently.

I had silently decided with myself that I needed that brief hiccup in this chapter of my life to be over and so I had been trying my damndest to forget about it. I was in full blown wedding mode now and after the wedding I was going to switch into full blown wife and aunt mode. I wouldn't have time to think about it. I hoped anyway.

I pulled up to the little boutique wedding dress shop on Rodeo and pulled my phone out to check where my sister was. She was supposed to be meeting me here for my last fitting but I had a text from her, stating that she was going to be a little late and to go ahead and get started. I sighed to myself a little sad that I was all alone for this but I had to remind myself that everyone else had lives too and they had been there for the other fittings.