Chapter eleven

Louis' POV:

"It's been a week since me dinner with Angela. If I didn't say that I expected that night to go a little better, I would be lying. Did I expect it to go south so quickly? No. Did I expect to have it dropped on my lap that my best mate was going to be a dad? Most definitely not. Especially Niall. To be quite honest, I always thought that I would be the first to have kids, on account of me being the eldest. And also because I'm not necessarily the most responsible out of us.

I was however, more than relieved when I had come inside that night and Niall just non-chalantly spouted off that he was going to be a dad. I had acted surprised of course, on account of me pinky promise to Angela. But, once the girls had left, I had had a proper freak out. Niall had drank along with me, talking about how he couldn't believe it. He was scared shitless because he had no clue on how to be a dad but overall he was super positive about it all.

He kept goin' on about things happenin' for a reason or some shit. After we had a few more drinks in us and were feelin' the familiar warm sensation that alcohol brings, he became much more serious. I had expected that this was it, the super chill, laid back attitude he had earlier in the night about the whole thing had finally faded and he was about to freak the fuck out.

I was surprised when instead the conversation had shifted to Angela and I. Niall went on about how he had found about about her fiancé and that it would mean a lot to Nikki, 'Nicole' as he called her, that he never found out about us and our little rendezvous. I assured him that the thought hadn't crossed my mind and that we had had our own conversation regardin' it.

I knew from the second that she had followed me outside and we sat down together that she was about to crush all me plans for the night. It was just the sad look in her pretty blue eyes that had been there all night. I knew somethin' was up, and I should've known that things were not goin' to go as planned. Not that I had assumed she would just sleep with me again. But I had hoped obviously. I mean, have you seen her? She's gorgeous. Stop judgin' me.

When she sat beside of me and stared down at the ring on her hand, I knew what was coming next. I had notice the large sparkler on her hand that night that we met in Miami. Now, before you think I'm some home wreckin' man whore let me first start off by explainin' that I really didn't mean for what happened that night to happen. Sure, I did think about it. How could I have not? She was a very beautiful woman.

Her dress fit her in all the right places, her tan legs went on for days and her lips were beggin' to be kissed. It wasn't only her looks that attracted me though. She could a hold conversation with me about almost anythin'. Hell, she went on about the different shapes of her chicken nuggets for nearly ten minutes that night. I just smiled and went along, easily listenin' to her and her nervous chatter.

They way that she cared for her family was also a huge turn on. I come from a big family and we're all pretty close, very protective of each other. The fact that she was willin' to give up her future with the man that she had planned to marry for her baby sister was admirable. I get that what we did was reckless and it was wrong but I wasn't going to punish her any worse than I could tell she had been punishin' herself.

I believe that everyone you come across in your life is placed there for a reason. I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, but if I did, she was pretty damn close. I felt this almost instinctual protectiveness over Angela, I know that sounds crazy. I know all of this sounds fucking insane. When I didn't hear from her, I beat meself up for not cancelin' work that day and stayin' until she woke up.

I had hoped that if I ever did hear from her again, that I could maybe take her out, get to know her better. Learn what makes her tick. Obviously with another lad in the picture that was never going to happen. I had to give up on the romantic aspect of getting to know her and get to know her on a platonic level. She and I were going to be around each other for a long time now and I want her to be as comfortable as possible. If I couldn't be around her on a romantic level, then I was going to be the best damn friend she had ever had.

We were going to be family after all. And that included all of us.

There's going to be a dinner at our house tonight and we are all supposed to be there. Nikki's parents are goin' to be in from Georgia and she really wanted to tell them that she is pregnant, so Niall, bein' one half of that equation is gonna meet them and be there with her for the big reveal. Of course, Niall didn't want to be completely alone for this one and his family couldn't make it in, so he's goin' to tell them a little later on, I believe. Which I don't see how, I would be dyin' to just have a chat with my mum.

Well anyway, so Harry volunteered to host a dinner for all of us tonight. Nikki, Niall, Liam, Me, the girls' parents, Angela and I guess her fiancé are supposed to be there too. I think it will all be alright. Harry's a lovely host so hopefully the night will go by smoothly. I plan on doing everythin' in my power to make it happen but to be quite honest, the only thing I can really do is support Niall, be as polite as my mum would want me to be, and not stare at the incredibly beautiful brunette in attendance. Which should be super easy. If I stab my eyes out before dinner. Ah, I'm only jokin'.

I'll just be meself. Your friendly neighborhood strictly platonic friend. That's me. Anyway, doc. I think me hours up. Should probably get goin'. Got a big night ahead of me. I'll see ya next week, yea? Same time, same place?"

"Sure thing, Louis. I'll see you next week."

————————————————————————

Author's Note: I know this may have been a little weird but I thought it might be interesting to show a little bit more if the thought process of Louis through all of this. Don't worry, next chapter will be longer and full of awkward meetings. I hoe you all are still enjoying! Love you!