20. First S-Class Job

Seeing as Endgame came out this weekend (DON't spoil it for people!)

The festival had come to an end and we were taking down the floats. "Did we do a good job Y/N?" I hear Isabella and Pika ask me. "Hmm Lets give it a rating out of 10." I say teasing but the both look at me anxiously. I wait a moment. "I give it..." They lean in further with anticipation. "A 10!" Their eyes light up and they high five each other. "It was so cool to be in the parade with the other hero's of Fairy Tail." Isabella says. I crouch down to her.

The girls pov

The girls pov

'Aww he' s so good with kids! '

Y/n pov

"Y/n!" I turn around. "Since when were you an S-class mage!? I see it's Natsu." oh Natsu. Well since this afternoon that's why the old man wanted to talk." Natsu sighs." I wanted to reach S-class first...' He quickly picks himself up. "I won't lose the next time we fight!" I nod. "sure." I  hear a yawn and see that it's come from a sleepy Isabella with Pika fast asleep on her head. "Looks like we better get you home... Ah... I forgot to ask the master about finding a place to live permanently.." I scratch the back of my head. 

Mira and Elfman were kind enough to say we could stay with them tonight. Isabella and Pika were both asleep at this point with Elfman carrying them both in each of his arms. Mira had wrapped her arms around one of mine as we walked. "Thanks again for letting us stay with you two." I say tiredly. Mira smiles and rest her head on my shoulder. "It's okay Y/n were dating now I'm not going to let you stay on the streets. Besides I think Isabella could use a nice comfortable bed for a change." I nod my head in agreement. "So Y/n are you going to adopt her?" Mira asks me. I shake my head much to her surprise and Elfman's surprise who had been listening. "Isabella said she didn't want anyone to adopt her. That she wanted to remain her parents daughter always. But I'll still look after her the best I can like a hero does." Mira and Elfman smile. "She also said that she grows up she wants to join this harem that has been growing...I don't think I'm really setting a good example for her..." I sigh as Elfman stutters and Mira looks surprised. "Relax I'm not into kids. It's probably a sill crush she has seeing as I saved her from the streets she will out grow it with time. Though I'm surprised you didn't object to me dating your sister I must say Elfman." The man in question looks down at me. "At first when sis said she was dating someone I was taken aback and ready to challenge them to see if they were a true man!" He says a bit to loudly and it causes Isabella to stir but thankfully she doesn't wake up. "But when Sis said it was you I knew she was going to be in good hands." I nod. "I'll look after her though I'm certain she can look after herself." Mira looks at me. "I heard all the stories about the demon." I tease but Mira looks down a little. "I also know you don't have the will to fight at the moment but we can always help you get it back.Your sister wouldn't want you to stop using your magic just because she isn't here anymore." I feel Mira tense up a little. I knew it was a risky subject but I figured that it might be the best way to help Mira as it helped Elfman to talk about it in the past. Mira doesn't say anything else as we reach her's and Elfman's place.