Chapter 1

What you are about to read is going to seem very strange at times, even downright ludicrous. All I ask is that you keep an open mind and an open heart and most importantly remember that not everything can be explained, even with the best vocabulary. Everything in this story is true.

I lost the love of my life in January 2019 in a vehicle accident. The crazy part is he didn't know I loved him because I never told him and we weren't even dating at the time. Even worse than that the last text I sent him, I didn't even get a response back. Sounds pitiful right? How can I be in love with a guy like this is beyond my own comprehension too.

I should clarify that I am not the desperate type, clinging to any man that will give me attention and looking for adoration from the testosterone filled gender.  Exactly the opposite actually. When I met David I was just fine with being alone as I normally am. It was a typical day for me. I was out on a motorcycle ride on a beautiful sunny day soaking in the rays and I stopped in to wet my whistle at the local watering hole. It is a nice clean bar that I go to once in a while when I'm out riding and I swing in just to have a drink, then I go back out because I like to stay alert on the bike. I just so happened to take a seat next to him and that decision will forever change my life.

We didn't speak at first, instead I spoke to the fellow patrons I was acquainted with nearby but I couldn't help draw my attention towards him. He was like a magnet with a shining personality and a smile.. that smile could light up the entire Northern Hemisphere with just a glimpse of it. I like to call it the Bette Midler smile, because that type of smile is a contagious one. I was being my normal silly self while chatting to my friends and he was laughing along when he asked to buy my next drink. Of course I didn't decline and had secretly been hoping he would so we could open up a line of communication. We began talking about motorcycles since we both have Harley's and shared a passion for riding. We talked about where we were from and family. We shared photos of our amazing daughters on our phones and his face gleamed with pride while he spoke of his girl. It was so wonderful seeing a man that proud of his child. It made me adore him even more.

To my surprise he started telling me a story about how his mother mentioned a gorgeous lady rider with long blonde hair that rode down her street frequently. She told him that this woman would be perfect for him and with excitement in his eyes he said, "I bet she was talking about you!" My heart soared at the thought of his mom already wanting me in his life before we had even met.